Hurricane Ophelia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulkenburger

Midfield
Looks like the British Isles is about to be hit by a hurricane. It's not particularly powerful, especially compared to the recent ones in the Caribbean, but the winds could still be approaching 100mph as it hits Ireland and it'll still be a post-tropical storm if it reaches Scotland. It could be interesting to watch as hurricanes rarely form so far out at sea and it's even rarer for one to travel so far east it reaches Europe. It should be noted that it was predicted to hit Spain a few days ago so it's path could still change in the next few days, but it seems likely that it's going to hit Ireland at the very least.

Logon or register to see this image

I'm a bit disappointed that the NHC doesn't have any detailed graphics of it like they usually do, although I suppose it may be a little out of their range.

Been preparing all day, removing loose items from the yard and securing fencing. Stocking up on water, candles, torch batteries and fuel. Right in the firing line here in West of Ireland :eek:

Will be fuck all. Just a bit windy

That was what a few taties said on here in response to the warnings before Storm Desmond in 2015.

24hours later Cumbria sunk.

Been preparing all day, removing loose items from the yard and securing fencing. Stocking up on water, candles, torch batteries and fuel. Right in the firing line here in West of Ireland :eek:
Good luck BM. You've got a red alert over there I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back