Hummel Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Article there showing some of the efforts from Hummel this year, I know a lot of people want Hummel back from a nostalgia point of view but the variation in some of those kits is nice.

What's a little annoying is how nicely the Charlton kits have turned out - even though they went from Betdaq to the same charity as us.

Article there showing some of the efforts from Hummel this year, I know a lot of people want Hummel back from a nostalgia point of view but the variation in some of those kits is nice.

What's a little annoying is how nicely the Charlton kits have turned out - even though they went from Betdaq to the same charity as us.

On the podcast SD said it was because our shirts were "bespoke" and as such had already been ordered.

It's just a teamwear design with our badge on isn't it?

Am I missing something or was it just an excuse?

I also didn't believe him when he said it was selling fast, sounded like PR nonsense to encourage sales.

On the podcast SD said it was because our shirts were "bespoke" and as such had already been ordered.

I also didn't believe him when he said it was selling fast, sounded like PR nonsense to encourage sales.

There was a few things in that interview that set off my bullshit'o'meter.

There was a few things in that interview that set off my bullshit'o'meter.

I have a lot of time for the current owners and genuinely think SD plays it with a straight bat. I agree this recent podcast had some answers I found less than convincing.

Suppose it's harder when you're getting criticism and skeptical questions rather than praise.

I don't understand why we don't get Hummel back. We would sell double the merch we sell with Adidas imo

We will see what happens at the end of this season, which is the first chance we will have to change suppliers.

Fingers crossed its not adidas.
Comes down to what they pay us bud. Plus, in the Adidas contract, they can match any other bid and hence we are stuck with them

Surely there's a way out of that though. Do they just have to match the financial offer OR do they have to make the same commitments to bespoke kits etc for example?

We should and probably can find a way to wriggle out of an agreement unless it's just down to the amount of cash.

Last edited:
I have a lot of time for the current owners and genuinely think SD plays it with a straight bat. I agree this recent podcast had some answers I found less than convincing.

Suppose it's harder when you're getting criticism and skeptical questions rather than praise.

I think it's natural not to be honest about everything. It's commercially beneficial to bullshit and I wouldn't expect anything different. Comments about the kit, Maddison and the net for away fans particulary stood out as on the spot nonsense.

I think it's natural not to be honest about everything. It's commercially beneficial to bullshit and I wouldn't expect anything different. Comments about the kit, Maddison and the net for away fans particulary stood out as on the spot nonsense.

Must have missed the bit about the net, what did he say?

The kit situation has been a problem for years tbf. When we got to the League Cup Final, the club shop had limited shirt sizes and were unable to get new ones.

At least SD acknowledges the problem

I’ve seen plenty at the match. Quite a surprising amount tbh seeing as how much people had moaned about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back