Hummel Kits

Saw a class 19/20 hummel kit today for a foreign club based on their classic Davey Hotspur design with the Chevrons going across the middle.

I'd love to see Hummel or Umbro back when the Adidas contract runs out

On the podcast SD said it was because our shirts were "bespoke" and as such had already been ordered.

It's just a teamwear design with our badge on isn't it?

Am I missing something or was it just an excuse?

I also didn't believe him when he said it was selling fast, sounded like PR nonsense to encourage sales.
The bloke is a constant stream of the proverbial coming out of his mouth!

dont get why there's a proper love in with hummel like.
Yeah I agree I think it's just a nostalgic thing for a lot of people. I think Umbro are producing some really good kits at the minute. A good example of a decent red and white kit is the new Brentford shirt (with the exception of the sponsor) or PSV Eindhoven

Last edited:
Just started listening to this podcast. Might be a bit ott but the difference in his tone compared to this time last season is astonishing. He seems sick of his life in the other days podcast. Couldn't answer questions as comfortably as previous times.

Do you blame him mate? We love a bit of negativity at Sunderland and it would get anyone down

Article there showing some of the efforts from Hummel this year, I know a lot of people want Hummel back from a nostalgia point of view but the variation in some of those kits is nice.

What's a little annoying is how nicely the Charlton kits have turned out - even though they went from Betdaq to the same charity as us.
All of these are a significant step up on the strips we’ve been lumbered with for the past few seasons, and that’s without even digging into the merits of each of those kits.

The fact that more than a second of thought has gone into the design of all of those is enough to make them better than Adidas’ shite.
Same here. Don’t think they are that nice the kits they make. Purely nostalgia driven the love in imo.
I don’t think it’s entirely nostalgia. To say I would prefer Hummel to Adidas is an understatement.

I looked at the OP and it’s clear that Hummel put effort into their strips to make them stand out as different and unique, but not in a bad ‘let’s just sew half of a beach chair and the back half of a Man United shirt together, voila’ way like the fuckwits at Adidas seem to operate. A measure of effort is applied on Hummel’s part.

Last edited:
Charlton and Brondby ones are canny but the rest are pap.

Like any kit manufacturers, they make decent ones and shite ones. It’s just unfortunate for us that we’ve got two that are poor.

Donald said on the podcast the reason we have a patch on our kit is because it is a bespoke Adidas one and for Adidas to have changed it we wouldn't have got the amended ones until March. He said if we had a template kit we would get them back in a few weeks.

Has anyone told him the away kit is a template one?

Technically, unless the template is available in our colour scheme (blue with red trim), it is bespoke. Some teams literally get a teamwear kit you could buy online and get their badge stuck on it. We tend to get the template designs, but with a colour tweak. Not always perhaps, but generally.

No doubt I’ll be proved wrong in a minute!

Technically, unless the template is available in our colour scheme (blue with red trim), it is bespoke. Some teams literally get a teamwear kit you could buy online and get their badge stuck on it. We tend to get the template designs, but with a colour tweak. Not always perhaps, but generally.

No doubt I’ll be proved wrong in a minute!

Fair enough. Mental that, mind.

You were born after 1994 I assume.
before. not far away though.
Yeah I agree I think it's just a nostalgic thing for a lot of people. I think Umbro are producing some really good kits at the minute. A good example of a decent red and white kit is the new Brentford shirt (with the exception of the sponsor) or PSV Eindhoven
the umbro one after promotion 07/08 was class imo

He's full of shit, they rushed the home kit out for the play off final.

As has been said our away kit is a template, came out way later, yet has a sticker on.

I looked at them in the club shop, they are a f***ing shambles, indentation of betdag can clearly be seen through the patch and some are ironed on terribly resulting in folds in the kit.

Lass in the shop said they hadn't had many complaints, haway man, they're f***ing shocking, whats more shocking is trying to flog them at full price....

On the podcast SD said it was because our shirts were "bespoke" and as such had already been ordered.

It's just a teamwear design with our badge on isn't it?

Am I missing something or was it just an excuse?

I also didn't believe him when he said it was selling fast, sounded like PR nonsense to encourage sales.

Our Away is he spoke in that its a bog standard teamwear kit only in slightly different colors that aren't normally available.

Back