Huawei phones

My company uses Huawei P9/20/30.
Brilliant phones.

The recent news is a big of a shocker but I honestly believe it will blow over. That said Google withdrawing the license isnt great. They must have taken a massive hit on sales.
Was just about to buy a Huawei watch as well....

My company uses Huawei P9/20/30.
Brilliant phones.

The recent news is a big of a shocker but I honestly believe it will blow over. That said Google withdrawing the license isnt great. They must have taken a massive hit on sales.
Was just about to buy a Huawei watch as well....

Aren't they still servicing updates for current Huawei and Honor phones?

Security updates. But when the next version of android drops, if this isn’t sorted, users are stuck.

I'm certain I've used the Huawei AppGallery to download my apps anyway, just for peace of mind... would this mean I'm fine?

I'm certain I've used the Huawei AppGallery to download my apps anyway, just for peace of mind... would this mean I'm fine?

You’ll be fine until they shift to next android version, then you could end up being stuck on an old unsupported version.

It’s all up in the air currently like.

You’ll be fine until they shift to next android version, then you could end up being stuck on an old unsupported version.

It’s all up in the air currently like.

Well, then I shall just buy a pixel phone. Due a new phone soon anyway.

I've got an Honor9, which is a Huawei sister brand. So as much as I like their phones, I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy one anymore.

Without looking into it in any depth, maybe look at the OnePlus range again?

Good luck, you’ll regret not continuing with iPhone.

I was always an Android user, then ended up with iPhones because for a while I was repairing them for a CEX store.
My iPhone has to go back under warranty as the battery has died so I’m using an Xperia as a stop gap and I’ve got to say, I’m not enjoying it one bit.

I’d be canny pissed off if I had to go back to Android now. Same with my tablet. It’s an Air 2 128GB. I must’ve sat on the bastard as it’s slightly bent, but luckily I have that anything happens insurance so it’ll get sorted. I’ve put off taking it in because it works fine except for a slightly lighter bar down one edge of the screen, and the only other working tablet I have is a bloody Galaxy Tab 2. :lol:

I realise this post is off topic, consists of Grandpa Simpson-esque ramblings and is of no interest to any rational person.

As much as it’s all political between the yanks and the Chinese, there’s a chance Android will stop providing updates so there’s an element of risk involved for an otherwise mint phone.

Huawei reps aren’t allowed on any of our premises now and we’ve delayed releasing their 5G handset indefinitely.

I’m due an upgrade soon and im sick of apple as i feel like iv bought the exact same phone for years. Seriously looking at huawei p30 pro. Only problem is there is alot of bad press recently regarding them. I havent looked a lot into it but i can see google is on about removing the android services or something to that effect. My question is would you go ahead and still get one or look at a samsung 10 instead with all the carry on regarding huawei. Thought i’d ask on here as i know people are pretty clued up regarding phones on here so just looking for some advice.
Cheers

I have had P20 Pro over a year now and it's a brilliant phone. The camera is amazing.

Back