How to get rid of midges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set fire to coffee (before you pour boiling water on it) - any type will do.

Works a treat, honest.

Them Jock ones are a breed apart mind. Last time I went camping up there nothing repelled them: fire; smoking like a chimney; candles. Nowt. We had to put the bairn under a mozzie net they were so bad.

Politely ask them to stop sucking your blood if they refuse go for a swim in the sea

Jungle formula. Around feet and ankles. Back of knees. On wrists and inside elbows. I've never been bitten once since started using it 5 years ago and i used to get bitten arl ower.

If you're in Sunderland, they're not midges. If they were midges you'd know about it.
But, for midges: Avon Skin So Soft will stop them landing, and drinking Guinness and eating Marmite will stop them biting. Only the females bite and they hate large amounts of Vitamin B in blood.
They've changed the formula and active ingredients of skin so soft and it is no longer as effective.
There's a lot of people being bitten this past 18 months or so who are wondering why.
You can't beat Agua de Colonia, which you can buy in the baby aisle of any supermarket in most countries abroad. (Though obviously it has a different name in none Spanish speaking countries).

Find the biggest midge and knock it spark out. Make sure the others see you do it, then you will be "Top Dog" around the midges and will get no more bother.

Sit naked in the garden smothered in peanut butter.

The peanut butter doesn't repel them but they all drop down dead from laughing when they see your tadger.

They've changed the formula and active ingredients of skin so soft and it is no longer as effective.
There's a lot of people being bitten this past 18 months or so who are wondering why.
You can't beat Agua de Colonia, which you can buy in the baby aisle of any supermarket in most countries abroad. (Though obviously it has a different name in none Spanish speaking countries).

Got some from Mercadona, brill stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back