How to get rid of midges

Themig

Winger
Love sitting out in the garden but there’s shit loads of midges and greenfly hovering around constantly. What’s best to get rid of the little bastards?

Love sitting out in the garden but there’s shit loads of midges and greenfly hovering around constantly. What’s best to get rid of the little bastards?

Sit outside when it is a little bit windy. The buggers can't fly when the wind is seven metres a second or more.

If you're in Sunderland, they're not midges. If they were midges you'd know about it.
But, for midges: Avon Skin So Soft will stop them landing, and drinking Guinness and eating Marmite will stop them biting. Only the females bite and they hate large amounts of Vitamin B in blood.

If you're in Sunderland, they're not midges. If they were midges you'd know about it.
But, for midges: Avon Skin So Soft will stop them landing, and drinking Guinness and eating Marmite will stop them biting. Only the females bite and they hate large amounts of Vitamin B in blood.
Interesting that marra, assuming it’s true. I always had a feeling there were certain things you could eat or drink that would keep them away. When my Mam used to visit me she’d always gloat that the mozzies in Houston never bothered her. Then she stopped smoking and the next time she came she was bitten to buggery!
There have been times when they’ve feasted on me but I can’t remember the last time I was bitten - and we live on a lake.

I can remember going to Middleton Camp once and the field behind the main building was drowning in midges or something like that (small black fliers, not mosquitoes) but they didn’t bite much at all. That might have been the same summer there was a ladybird epidemic?

Interesting that marra, assuming it’s true. I always had a feeling there were certain things you could eat or drink that would keep them away. When my Mam used to visit me she’d always gloat that the mozzies in Houston never bothered her. Then she stopped smoking and the next time she came she was bitten to buggery!
There have been times when they’ve feasted on me but I can’t remember the last time I was bitten - and we live on a lake.

I can remember going to Middleton Camp once and the field behind the main building was drowning in midges or something like that (small black fliers, not mosquitoes) but they didn’t bite much at all. That might have been the same summer there was a ladybird epidemic?
I'm a martyr to the little bastards. Smoking rollies helps I find. :lol:
But aye, mates with a few of the hostel folk up in the Highlands and they swear by Guinness.
Tend to start using Avon but after a day you just put up with it. I don;t get overly affected by the bites. My mate comes up in git wass blebs though. :lol:

Back