How much would you pay to see The Jam?

Wouldn't watch them unless they came to me, set up in my back garden and played their hits, even then I would probably ask them to leave or play some covers of someone else....

Bet you wouldn’t. You’re just saying that for effect.
Really not a fan, I like a lot of different music, and can normally find at least one song I like from most bands, not The Jam or Style Council though, or anything by Weller, just not for me....

Absolutley no point in dragging their equipment through my garden gate....

I was shit hot getting tickets for the first Specials reunion but the more I thought about it the less I fancied it.
Gave tickets to the bairn and her mate.
Most bands - with a few notable exceptions - are at their peak in the three or four years when they’ve broken through. Or even after their second or third album. Then it just becomes a repeating pattern with diminishing returns.
It’s harsh to say but it’s a young man’s game really.

Well considering you can see From the Jam, which is 1/3 of them, playing all their songs (albeit slightly slower) for next to nowt, paying for the real Jam wouldn’t really add a great deal to the experience. Except to say you’d seen them in your lifetime I guess.
Yeah they came to King's Lynn for Festival too (which is a free festival) I thought they were alright tbf. Not gonna judge for a free gig

Love to see them live, Weller’s up his own arse thou and said his kids would have to be destitute before he did a reunion, saw Foxton recently and he didn’t look well.
Would pay a few hundred I think.
He was always up his own arse. Surly twat who thought he was doing you a favour whenever I saw them but as has been said, what a sound from just the 3 of them. Bass like you’ve never heard before, the crispest drums and pulsating guitar.

You had to know the songs though, cos owld mardy bum was never the greatest showman and gave bugger all except the songs.

But what songs!

Back