How much would you pay to see The Jam?

I’d pay plenty. My dad was a huge fan and saw them a few times. They split up years before I was born but would love to see them live. Can’t see it happening though.

What’s up with ol’ Brucey like?
Hope he’s OK he was my hero as a young lad.

Dunno what I’d pay - saw them several times as a youngun and like to keep those memories. I’ve seen a few YouTube’s of From The Jam which seem to do a decent job of capturing what they were like back then. With Weller himself on board who knows what you’d get?
Should they ever put aside their differences I could only see it happening as a one off charity event or at the bequest of some massive celeb or something. If Bowie was still alive and orchestrating some kind of retro Live Aid or whatnot. Otherwise don’t hold your breath!
Nah, it’ll never happen. Weller made a very specific & string decision when they split & even now only touches lightly on those years. Musically, he’s happy doing what he does. He doesn’t even fall back on the “best of” of his solo gear, never mind getting the band back together.

Money wise, I’m guessing he’s ok, if he needed to do it for the money he could have done it mid 90s before Stanley Road when he was playing the Cluny & stuff.

I don't think I'd pay more than £150 for any gig. Prices are a bit daft for big gigs when you can have just as much fun at a Riverside, Fire Station, Cluny, etc for a reasonable price.

As for The Jam, I've seen them a few times so don't feel desperate to repeat the experience.

I don't think I'd pay more than £150 for any gig. Prices are a bit daft for big gigs when you can have just as much fun at a Riverside, Fire Station, Cluny, etc for a reasonable price.

As for The Jam, I've seen them a few times so don't feel desperate to repeat the experience.
I’d say more fun. The bigger the venue the more dick heads, the harder it is to get served at the bar, usually further from the stage, sound can sometimes be worse.

Not my cup of tea, so, nothing.
But Mrs. R is and was a jam and Weller fan from their breakthrough. Put a jam record on and she comes off the dancefloor sweatier than Red Rum.
She's in her 60s now but i still have to tie her down when they get played, but thats another story.

No, they packed a real punch for a trio.
They really did and watching them as a teenager full of hormones it was a fantastic experience.

But looking back they were three blokes on stage with a decent sound, occasionally very ropey vocals - “diss izz uh mob’m wurb” - and a pedestrian light show. They relied on the quality of the songs. People come to gigs with higher expectations these days especially with the rocketing price in tickets and going by the accounts I’ve read in here it seems that Weller hasn’t exactly moved with the times when it comes to stage presence and entertainment value in the live arena!

They really did and watching them as a teenager full of hormones it was a fantastic experience.

But looking back they were three blokes on stage with a decent sound, occasionally very ropey vocals - “diss izz uh mob’m wurb” - and a pedestrian light show. They relied on the quality of the songs. People come to gigs with higher expectations these days especially with the rocketing price in tickets and going by the accounts I’ve read in here it seems that Weller hasn’t exactly moved with the times when it comes to stage presence and entertainment value in the live arena!
Saw them at Bingley Hall in Birmingham on their last tour. Wasn’t that into them but they put on a great show.

£100.
Unfortunately though the crowd would be horrendous. It’d be like an Oasis gig or something full of “lads” 🤢

Well considering you can see From the Jam, which is 1/3 of them, playing all their songs (albeit slightly slower) for next to nowt, paying for the real Jam wouldn’t really add a great deal to the experience. Except to say you’d seen them in your lifetime I guess.

Well considering you can see From the Jam, which is 1/3 of them, playing all their songs (albeit slightly slower) for next to nowt, paying for the real Jam wouldn’t really add a great deal to the experience. Except to say you’d seen them in your lifetime I guess.
& you can stand next to a shirtless me

:lol:
You sound like the sort of lad who’d go and see Bucks Fizz featuring David Van Day and feel satisfied

"vat's endertaynmun...vat's endertaymahoooon" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

£100.
Unfortunately though the crowd would be horrendous. It’d be like an Oasis gig or something full of “lads” 🤢
I was shit hot getting tickets for the first Specials reunion but the more I thought about it the less I fancied it.
Gave tickets to the bairn and her mate.

Back