How much is Christmas Day lunch out in the NE?

Threatening people
Expand??
Im sure the pub company would be interested in this
It’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t go out
The chances of something going wrong and people champing at the bit waiting for something to go wrong seem very high

It’s the first time we’ve went out for Xmas lunch and I’ll never do it again. I didn’t take any notice but he was sitting at the end of the bar getting pissed watching the chaos ensue. Apparently the chefs either didn’t turn in or fucked off early doors to leave the manageress (his partner) to cook the dinner, as you can imagine there were loads of complaints which he evidently didn’t take too well.

i think ours was about £70 at the half moon easington. a bit pricey but worth every penny, we've been going there for over 20 years on christmas day with an ever decreasing number of family. only me & the mrs left now.
there's only one sitting and the food is lovely and a nice atmosphere. we always come out full to bursting and never wanting to eat another thing however i've just opened a box of wine gums :)
Did you get through your cheeseboard yet?

£60 each
First time at Santinos in seaburn and it was 10/10
Cosy lighting
Chrimbo tunes on
Epic portions
Perfect timings on courses
Really? For a f***ing Indian?
Hopefully nee one there at those prices but each to their own I guess.
I've been since it opened and can't say I'd return
Eating out on Chrismas day is a rip-off.
It's an option for people
If you choose to pay and enjoy it no one's been ripped off .
What's the nett cost of my meal today ? Food ,staff, power,etc who knows ..
No stress to get the food in ,cook it etc
Turn up eat ,go

Last edited:
It was absolute chaos from start to finish, long story but the table was booked for 1.30 and the starter turned up sporadically about 3.30. We received our mains about 4 and left before the desserts as the manageress’ pissed partner started threatening people including our table and the bar staff. We weren’t an isolated case as loads including us received refunds (I believe some people left without actually being fed). Entertaining day to be honest 😂
Imagine the beer fear he’ll be feeling this morning. :lol:

If you fancied a curry for Christmas dinner the Tandoori International on Ocean Rd South Shields was charging £39.95 a head for a set menu yesterday pretty sure that was the same price as last year.

Imagine the beer fear he’ll be feeling this morning. :lol:

Hope he’s rough as fuck and shitting hedgehogs the prick!
My guess is that if someone does something so sackless on Christmas Day that he probably has previous and issues with the drink. It won’t be a first

Apparently so mate according to the staff who work there

Last edited:
It really is. All freshly cooked and served to your table too. None of this buffet nonsense. I think that @Secret Visage went there too, today.

Fresh seafood, tepanyaki, sushi, duck, whatever you fancy and as much as you can eat.

Only letdown is the Chinese curry which isn't fantastic. If you can live with that, it's tremendous.
Might make it a mission next year, can probably get flights n eat there for less than some chain pubs in the NE.

Rosedene £54, actually I tell a lie as they refunded every fucker due to the multitude of fuck ups
Few year back we had first sitting at local n mate had second. Alsorts ran out n huge delays on his. He lost his shit, got a full refund, all drinks free, an extra round n staff parking spot for a year.

Wish id gone for second sitting to be honest.

Three bad Rosedene reviews on Trip Advisor regarding yesterday’s Christmas lunch debacle so far - ‘Worst Xmas day I’ve had in 40 years.’ ‘Avoid at all cost.’ ‘Chaos.’

Expect top notch compo claim faces in the Echo later in the week. Gone right downhill since JD and his missus had it. Ran a very tight ship, happy staff and cracking beer. His cellar management was second to none. Also, being turned into a ‘Sizzler’ pub / sports bar / restaurant / kids crèche / function room / funeral wake hosts was never going to be a success at that venue. The ten Bob millionaires have left in their droves and it clearly doesn’t know what its identity is, just a hotch-potch of everything.

Three bad Rosedene reviews on Trip Advisor regarding yesterday’s Christmas lunch debacle so far - ‘Worst Xmas day I’ve had in 40 years.’ ‘Avoid at all cost.’ ‘Chaos.’

Expect top notch compo claim faces in the Echo later in the week. Gone right downhill since JD and his missus had it. Ran a very tight ship, happy staff and cracking beer. His cellar management was second to none. Also, being turned into a ‘Sizzler’ pub / sports bar / restaurant / kids crèche / function room / funeral wake hosts was never going to be a success at that venue. The ten Bob millionaires have left in their droves and it clearly doesn’t know what its identity is, just a hotch-potch of everything.
Nowadays im the sort to just laugh anything off but some karens (male and female) would be unbearable in such a scenario, maybe adding to the entertainment.

We went to the local Indian restaurant in amble , £150 for four of us which included £50 on drinks - was their normal prices but with a minimum spend of £25. The food was delicious they even had Christmas crackers and atmosphere was great , service maybe too good as not a lot of gap between courses but fully deserved the 20% tip we left

Back