How much is Christmas Day lunch out in the NE?

It was absolute chaos from start to finish, long story but the table was booked for 1.30 and the starter turned up sporadically about 3.30. We received our mains about 4 and left before the desserts as the manageress’ pissed partner started threatening people including our table and the bar staff. We weren’t an isolated case as loads including us received refunds (I believe some people left without actually being fed). Entertaining day to be honest 😂
Should have decked him marra

Anybody on here work cooking/serving?
Are you on double time?
I used to work for a Mitchells and Butlers brand that was open Christmas Day. All the hourly paid got double time but once I moved up to management, didn't get anything extra (or maybe an extra lieu day??). It started out alright, one sitting. nice and relaxed, everyone having a good time and you'd be home by about 5. Obviously the company got greedy so increased to 2 sittings and then we had the stress and chaos of getting the tables turned for the 2nd sitting. Didn't usually get home till about 9 once I'd locked up. Thankfully my new place is closed today so I've spent the day eating, drinking and watching crap telly.

...just had a look and they're charing £92pp plus 10% service.

£70 at The Moorings at Hett Hills (although it's actauLLy called Adriano's since it was taken over). Superb and great valuue, three cracking courses.

NormalLy pay anywhere between £70-£80 most years, surprised to see some on here as low as £50 tbh.

Rangos in Stanley was £75 per adult. Was absolutely shite and the chef was a mag p***k
£70 at The Moorings at Hett Hills (although it's actauLLy called Adriano's since it was taken over). Superb and great valuue, three cracking courses.

NormalLy pay anywhere between £70-£80 most years, surprised to see some on here as low as £50 tbh.
I tried getting in there but left it too late, definitely going there next year

Last edited:
It was absolute chaos from start to finish, long story but the table was booked for 1.30 and the starter turned up sporadically about 3.30. We received our mains about 4 and left before the desserts as the manageress’ pissed partner started threatening people including our table and the bar staff. We weren’t an isolated case as loads including us received refunds (I believe some people left without actually being fed). Entertaining day to be honest 😂
Ouch. Imagine being in that household this week .

Threatening people
Expand??
Im sure the pub company would be interested in this
It’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t go out
The chances of something going wrong and people champing at the bit waiting for something to go wrong seem very high

The Chinese here puts their fee up by two bloody euros, just because it's Christmas day! Disgrace. €18.95 on Christmas day, ffs

Mind, for that you get an unlimited menu (not one of those buffet monstrosities) and unlimited wine, draught beer and soft drinks.
That sounds unreal

Back