How much is Christmas Day lunch out in the NE?

Been trying to find some Christmas Day menus on Facey to get an idea of how much Christmas Day dinner/ lunch costs, without much success.

Anyone been out today, and why did it cost?

My Fatha and brother in law both died on the last few weeks, and only 4 of in now for Christmas Day, which seemed like a bit of a chew on this year

i think ours was about £70 at the half moon easington. a bit pricey but worth every penny, we've been going there for over 20 years on christmas day with an ever decreasing number of family. only me & the mrs left now.
there's only one sitting and the food is lovely and a nice atmosphere. we always come out full to bursting and never wanting to eat another thing however i've just opened a box of wine gums :)

Literally everyone?
[/QUOTE]

Not sure about everyone but the second biggest queue behind those waiting to get seated was those waiting to be refunded.

:lol:

What happened like?

It was absolute chaos from start to finish, long story but the table was booked for 1.30 and the starter turned up sporadically about 3.30. We received our mains about 4 and left before the desserts as the manageress’ pissed partner started threatening people including our table and the bar staff. We weren’t an isolated case as loads including us received refunds (I believe some people left without actually being fed). Entertaining day to be honest 😂

Back