How have we got to the point when people are actively unhappy when we win a game?

You post more than me you absolute clown 😂.

You name me because I have more about me and can discuss negatives, rather than just clap along and pretend everything is great.

What you fail to mention is we had the concerns prior to it going to absolute shit. Now instead of idiots like yourself admitting they may have been wrong to dismiss those comments, you’d rather play this card.

No doubt I’ll get a warning and the original post will get fuck all.

Lovely generic comments there.

That’s a fair comment.

Thing is though, I reckon if you could actually come on here and have reasonable debate/discussion about concerns or when something isn’t looking great, most of this shit wouldn’t happen.

Instead you get absolute shit, and I told you so, or stupid shit like *points and laughs, anytime anything goes right. That’s just accepted, and people laugh and joke about it.

Case in point Hong Kong. He posted that Kane thread years ago, people still bring it up, it’s a joke and we laugh about it, even he laughs about it.

Do the same when things are going bad though, and those who were right are just negative fuckers, we can’t talk about the concerns being true, no because that’s just negativity.

The double standards are really pathetic.
The sad thing is it's the same posters who continually bump the thread, they think that it bothers me after nearly 8 years, if that's what gives them pleasure it says more about them, I just laugh tbf :lol:

In fairness to the poster in question, he does literally do that after 90% of our matches. I don't always agree with his opinion, but he at least gives his take on how we played, want went well, what could be better in a way that actually starts decent discussion.

It certainly beats the endless "KLD/Speakman is shite" posts, that just get people's backs up.

Why deal in facts when conjecture will do? ;)

😂😂

You say I live on here at you post more than I do.

For years you’ve put your after match thread on, why? Is it because this place is your life?

People in glass houses mate.

Touched a nerve, I see ;)

If you know that I write reports and have done for years, why all the generic stuff about not discussing negatives, clapping along etc. when you know that's not me at all?

Touched a nerve, I see ;)

If you know that I write reports and have done for years, why all the generic stuff about not discussing negatives, clapping along etc. when you know that's not me at all?

Ah that old chestnut. Touched a nerve, such an easy retort when someone calls you out.

Why have you touched a nerve exactly? Explain, because I said you post more than I do, and rather than hold your hands up, you’d rather revert to that?

You mentioned me by posting name, for absolutely no reason. Not the other way round, so tell me, did I touch a nerve?

Have I not acknowledged that in response to any over poster have I not? I’ve posted plenty positives over the years on here, I’ve held my hands up and said I was wrong many times.

However recently the club has gone to shit. In the last 6 or 7 years it’s been shit after shit, and the fans have been completely taken for mugs for years, save for maybe 12 months or so before this latest shit storm.
Absolutely nothing wrong with calling that out.

We got shit for calling Donald and Charlie out, until people realised we might just have a point, how did that one turn out.
Now we are wanting to highlight things aren’t rosy, more shit.

Even if we forget all of the above and who’s right and who’s wrong with how the clubs going. The simple fact is you called me out by name and had the neck to say I live on here in the process, despite you posting and spending way more time on here than I do. Can’t just admit you were wrong though can you. Childish at best.

Christ this thread should be made a sticky or something as a warning to show how horrific social media is.

26 pages and counting. Nobody talking about football, just a load of preening egos, as self important posters desperately try to get one over the 'other side' by saying things from their spare rooms that they wouldn't dream of saying to their faces, with the emoji count on the rise as they get more fixated with arguments that nobody can follow.

Christ this thread should be made a sticky or something as a warning to show how horrific social media is.

26 pages and counting. Nobody talking about football, just a load of preening egos, as self important posters desperately try to get one over the 'other side' by saying things from their spare rooms that they wouldn't dream of saying to their faces, with the emoji count on the rise as they get more fixated with arguments that nobody can follow.

Absolutely love these posts.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but there’s not a thing I say on here, that I won’t or haven’t already said to people in person.

Difference being in the stadium, you can have conversations whether positive or negative without being called a fanny or a happy clapper.

If you’re there on Saturday I’m more than happy to have any conversation you’ve seen me have on here over a pint.

Absolutely love these posts.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but there’s not a thing I say on here, that I won’t or haven’t already said to people in person.

Difference being in the stadium, you can have conversations whether positive or negative without being called a fanny or a happy clapper.

If you’re there on Saturday I’m more than happy to have any conversation you’ve seen me have on here over a pint.

I'll be there - appealing though the offer to meet up on Saturday to hear more detail from a total stranger about how much time you spend on here compared to other complete strangers is, I think I'll pass on this occasion.

I'll be there - appealing though the offer to meet up on Saturday to hear more detail from a total stranger about how much time you spend on here compared to other complete strangers is, I think I'll pass on this occasion.

How does that fit with your, “wouldn’t say it in person” shite though? Just wondering.

I don't think many (if any) are unhappy when we win mind. I was certainly pleased that we got the three points. Don't get me wrong, I was hardly jumping around the sitting room given the match had relatively little importance in the sense that we already knew we weren't going up or down, but it was nice to see the lads get the win, and hopefully some confidence.

In terms of some of the posts, I just think there are some posters who are concerned that a minor run of good form, once the season is already virtually over, might paper over a lot of cracks. Those running the club should be bright enough to know that this season hasn't been good enough regardless of any upturn in form (if it happens), they should know that Dodds is still nowhere near being the right man for the job etc. But some will worry that we'll win a few and all of a sudden that'll be the reason for the club hierarchy to think they can keep going as they have been with some, likely unfounded, sense that it's all coming together. If they were to do that, it would likely fuck us next season as well
Spot on .

Kind of agree with this, despite being a part of it.

Apologies if I offended anyone, but I was asked to name names and therefore I did. I'd much rather have a meaningful debate than a petty squabble.

Back