How have we got to the point when people are actively unhappy when we win a game?

I know its just the same posters on here who just ruin every thread, so maybe its not wide thing, but aren't we all Sunderland fans

There is no better feeling than winning as a fan, its an instinct, its just a natural buzz you have all week after you have won, isn't it? Its been the same since my first game as a bairn, to a bloke in his 30s. Seeing the lads in red n white win a game.

I can't believe some of the posts after that.

When did people get so cynical and unhappy with football?

I honestly don't get it like.

I don’t think anyone is unhappy at us winning. People are hacked off at how the season has petered out. There’s also different types of wins.

Winning an almost meaningless end of season game with nothing riding on it (for us) is never going to be embraced with the same reaction as a crucial three points in a promotion battle for example.

Still delighted with the win and off out soon to enjoy the night !

Not unhappy. People just making observations about various aspects of the game.
Nothing wrong in that.
I’m sure everyone is chuffed we’ve won, I am.

I'm buzzing we won..not so buzzing with the overall performance. We had less shots than a team with 10 men. It doesn't help we don't play or really have a decent striker on the books.

We didn't even have more possession against a team with less men on the pitch. We have the players capable of doing more, especially with a man advantage

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is unhappy at us winning. People are hacked off at how the season has petered out. There’s also different types of wins.

Winning an almost meaningless end of season game with nothing riding on it (for us) is never going to be embraced with the same reaction as a crucial three points in a promotion battle for example.

Still delighted with the win and off out soon to enjoy the night !

The thing is, its meaningless when we win, but not when we lose is it? People go nuts, sack the board etc.

I'm buzzing we won..not so buzzing with the overall performance. We had less shots than a team with 10 men. It doesn't help we don't play or really have a decent striker on the books.

We didn't even have more possession against a team with less men on the pitch.
oh great, doesn't count then. take it back.

Back