How have we got to the point when people are actively unhappy when we win a game?

I know its just the same posters on here who just ruin every thread, so maybe its not wide thing, but aren't we all Sunderland fans

There is no better feeling than winning as a fan, its an instinct, its just a natural buzz you have all week after you have won, isn't it? Its been the same since my first game as a bairn, to a bloke in his 30s. Seeing the lads in red n white win a game.

I can't believe some of the posts after that.

When did people get so cynical and unhappy with football?

I honestly don't get it like.

I’m on holiday (a know ) with my family and loved my day out having a few beers and watching us win yesterday but to answer ya question, I’d say that it’s been such a waste of a season with players of great quality for this league that might not be here come august.

Fans are frustrated that we have fallen off a cliff as soon as we drew the mags.
We buckled for them and haven’t recovered when the whole thing seemed unnecessary and stupid decisions that were avoidable to say the least.

When we go away to Leeds and West Brom and show what we can do in terms of tactics and commitment it seems another chance missed at progress.

Club have fucked up and it annoys people.

I’m on holiday (a know ) with my family and loved my day out having a few beers and watching us win yesterday but to answer ya question, I’d say that it’s been such a waste of a season with players of great quality for this league that might not be here come august.

Fans are frustrated that we have fallen off a cliff as soon as we drew the mags.
We buckled for them and haven’t recovered when the whole thing seemed unnecessary and stupid decisions that were avoidable to say the least.

When we go away to Leeds and West Brom and show what we can do in terms of tactics and commitment it seems another chance missed at progress.

Club have fucked up and it annoys people.

Yeah that’s fine

But if you can’t enjoy those wins, I fundamentally dont know why you follow football

things have been miles worse

also some fans have shit the bed since the mags games. its insane. their team cost half a billion quid. sorry. but deal with it. we have fans who are fuckin mental.

Yeah that’s fine

But if you can’t enjoy those wins, I fundamentally dont know why you follow football

things have been miles worse

also some fans have shit the bed since the mags games. its insane. their team cost half a billion quid. sorry. but deal with it. we have fans who are fuckin mental.
it wasn't the result that caused the most bother and if you think it was, then you are at best a casual observer at best
Yet the majority of people agree with my point. Strange that.
nope

Last edited:
I don't get why we can't observe performances from a win, lose or draw mesel. If people think Saturdays performance was good then standards have dropped.

I claimed to be buzzing we won and I was, I also claimed our defence was outstanding and they were. I claimed we were toothless as fuck attacking wise coming up against a team with ten men, and we were. To have less shots and not anymore possession than a team with ten men is disappointing, while the result is not disappointing, the performance simply was. We could've tore WBA apart in the second half with the attacking talent we have.

At 1-0 up and an extra man Dodds was still terrified we'd lose the game man.

Silly to think that any fan wants his team to lose.

I am however furious about the austerity model, of buying cheap untested kids and expecting them to perform against experienced professionals.

Jobe is not a CF, most weeks that is aptly demonstrated by his performance. Yet he is streets ahead of the other young strikers Speakman has brought in.

I know its just the same posters on here who just ruin every thread, so maybe its not wide thing, but aren't we all Sunderland fans

There is no better feeling than winning as a fan, its an instinct, its just a natural buzz you have all week after you have won, isn't it? Its been the same since my first game as a bairn, to a bloke in his 30s. Seeing the lads in red n white win a game.

I can't believe some of the posts after that.

When did people get so cynical and unhappy with football?

I honestly don't get it like.
.. Which ones are unhappy? ..

I think we've got to the point this season where goals and wins don't seem to mean as much, which in terms of achieving anything I suppose that's right. The majority won't be unhappy at a win, no real Sunderland fan would be unhappy but there's not much to be happy or sad about which is strange for us.

They live here.

You post more than me you absolute clown 😂.

You name me because I have more about me and can discuss negatives, rather than just clap along and pretend everything is great.

What you fail to mention is we had the concerns prior to it going to absolute shit. Now instead of idiots like yourself admitting they may have been wrong to dismiss those comments, you’d rather play this card.

No doubt I’ll get a warning and the original post will get fuck all.

I think it's the other way round mind 🤔
You have some posters on here who didnt believe KLD had a controlling interest in safc even though he said it on stid episode 3 and They just think everything he says is lies.
They just see everything bad and are now not objective and a tad irrational, imo like

And as said previously - I'd think nearly every poster thinks we have made mistakes in the last 12 months, so obviously every poster thinks there are things wrong!

😂😂😂
Yeah cos he doesn’t “bend the truth” does he.

Remember the BCB stuff when you had to wind your neck in, because all those “negative” people you refer to as know nowts, actually had it bang on. You said you’d learn your lesson from that.

Have you shite though, still here calling anyone who doesn’t clap and smile.

😂😂😂
Yeah cos he doesn’t “bend the truth” does he.

Remember the BCB stuff when you had to wind your neck in, because all those “negative” people you refer to as know nowts, actually had it bang on. You said you’d learn your lesson from that.

Have you shite though, still here calling anyone who doesn’t clap and smile.
Eh?

It shows that even i try to be quite positive I just couldn't believe how low the club would go with the bcb. I found it unbelievable that they would do that - one of the worst things that an owner has ever done at safc imo.
You're actually making my argument for me that positive people see negative stuff where as negative people now just don't want to believe any positivity

Who have I called who doesn't clap and smile ?
What a weird post

Last edited:
Eh?

It shows that even i try to be quite positive I just couldn't believe how low the club would go with the bcb. I found it unbelievable that they would do that - one of the worst things that an owner has ever done at safc imo.
You're actually making my argument for me that positive people see negative stuff where as negative people now just don't want to believe any positivity
Can you explain what has been positive about the decisions that have been made this season both on and off the pitch 🤷‍♂️

You name me because I have more about me and can discuss negatives, rather than just clap along and pretend everything is great.

What you fail to mention is we had the concerns prior to it going to absolute shit. Now instead of idiots like yourself admitting they may have been wrong to dismiss those comments, you’d rather play this card.

We can all discuss negatives.
Many don't see any positives though.
There are surely some ? It's not all doom and gloom is it ?

In fairness to the poster in question, he does literally do that after 90% of our matches. I don't always agree with his opinion, but he at least gives his take on how we played, want went well, what could be better in a way that actually starts decent discussion.

It certainly beats the endless "KLD/Speakman is shite" posts, that just get people's backs up.

In fairness to the poster in question, he does literally do that after 90% of our matches. I don't always agree with his opinion, but he at least gives his take on how we played, want went well, what could be better in a way that actually starts decent discussion.

It certainly beats the endless "KLD/Speakman is shite" posts, that just get people's backs up.

That’s a fair comment.

Thing is though, I reckon if you could actually come on here and have reasonable debate/discussion about concerns or when something isn’t looking great, most of this shit wouldn’t happen.

Instead you get absolute shit, and I told you so, or stupid shit like *points and laughs, anytime anything goes right. That’s just accepted, and people laugh and joke about it.

Case in point Hong Kong. He posted that Kane thread years ago, people still bring it up, it’s a joke and we laugh about it, even he laughs about it.

Do the same when things are going bad though, and those who were right are just negative fuckers, we can’t talk about the concerns being true, no because that’s just negativity.

The double standards are really pathetic.

Back