How does your outlook on lockdown correlate with your personal financial situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be in favour of the lockdown measures if it cost you your job?
Good question
I closed our site while all others stayed open at the peak ,easter time
The director agreed to it
At that point non of us knew the company would come out the other side
I'm mid50s with low immune system and have never lived to work so I would follow the bigger picture I think .

the last lockdown we were really quiet at work and had a fair few days off unpaid although things have been very busy over the last few months. (i work for a small haulage firm running tankers out of teesport)
we're incredibly lucky enough to not have a mortgage on this house and only a small mortgage on a house in portugal so not overly worried money wise. the mrs has a pretty secure job and if i lost my job there'll always be stuff wanting to be moved about by wagon so might hopefully get something else.
my biggest concern is getting out of this with our health intact so anything and any measures they bring in to suppress this virus are welcomed.
i have a great deal of sympathy for those who are under threat of losing their jobs.

Last edited:
the last lockdown we were really quiet at work and had a fair few days off unpaid although things have been very busy over the last few months. (i work for a small haulage firm running tankers out of teesport)
we're incredibly lucky enough to not have a mortgage on this house and only a small mortgage on a house in portugal so not overly worried money wise. the mrs has a pretty secure job and if i lost my job there'll always be stuff wanting to be moved about by wagon so might hopefully get something else.
my biggest concern is getting out of this with our health intact so anything and any measures they bring in to suppress this virus are welcomed.
i have a great deal of sympathy for those who are under threat of losing their jobs.
You ever driven mixers ?

Shame, real dearth of decent drivers ATM
a mate of mine was working out of thornley crossings at shotton (forticrete iirc) on the mixers, he was an owner driver and done it for years then cemex took over and i got the impression it was never as good. he only retired a couple of years back, think his son took over the wagon.

a mate of mine was working out of thornley crossings at shotton (forticrete iirc) on the mixers, he was an owner driver and done it for years then cemex took over and i got the impression it was never as good. he only retired a couple of years back, think his son took over the wagon.
RMC before Cemex, good old days, must be KK

aye. lovely bloke.
i couldn't remember it was rmc, forticrete just sprung to mind. my garage is made out of forticrete seconds :)
I left in 02 just before the Mexicans arrived, I came back a year ago and they've flogged us again now, I've been lucky avoiding them by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back