Housing market Lemmings

I think a lot of people are sick of their neighbours after spending months in close quarters. Two households of morons near us bought dogs during lockdown, them stuffed them outside to bark all day. Stressful as fuck when you're trying to work. Also, illness in the family has resulted in my Mrs driving all over the NE every day and she understandably wants to be closer to the destinations.

House prices are f***ing stupid though. We will need to pay more to be in the preferred area, and I really don't want to have to take out a £150k mortgage when I'm nearly 50, especially when I've had health issues. I'd quite like to retire when I'm 60 which isn't happening if we move house.

Can you not read? i said you can stay 90 days out of 180 :lol:

That'll be the Brexit Tape that now only allows you to stay 90 days out of 180 since the Bong.Btw are you pissed? :lol:
ahem...
There's a the new rule that only allows you to stay there 90 days out of 180.🤔
so you weren't implying that you couldn't stay more than 90 days? despite being proven wrong you still persist.
go back to school.

so you weren't implying that you couldn't stay more than 90 days? despite being proven wrong you still persist.
go back to school.
90 days out of 180 x 2 or 6 month out of 12,whichever is the easier for you to grasp.It was 12 month out of 12 before the Bong and no costly 12 month private insurance /extra brexit red tape required.😆

I think a lot of people are sick of their neighbours after spending months in close quarters. Two households of morons near us bought dogs during lockdown, them stuffed them outside to bark all day. Stressful as fuck when you're trying to work. Also, illness in the family has resulted in my Mrs driving all over the NE every day and she understandably wants to be closer to the destinations.

House prices are f***ing stupid though. We will need to pay more to be in the preferred area, and I really don't want to have to take out a £150k mortgage when I'm nearly 50, especially when I've had health issues. I'd quite like to retire when I'm 60 which isn't happening if we move house.
Sell it at 60 and downsize.

I sympathise with you. My dislike isn't aimed at you and others like you. I'm talking about rapacious landlords who treat their tenants like they own them because they rent them a property. Landlords like that are absolute leeches, and they are a blight on society.
An easy solution and one I have tried to get both local and county council onboard with would be to try limit the housing rental market to local investors .
Problem with a lot of rental around here is thanks to the terraced housing being bought up by southern based investors who leave the inspections to unscrupulous estate agents.

An easy solution and one I have tried to get both local and county council onboard with would be to try limit the housing rental market to local investors .
Problem with a lot of rental around here is thanks to the terraced housing being bought up by southern based investors who leave the inspections to unscrupulous estate agents.
I have lost count of the amount if times I've taken calls from essentially brokers selling blocks of flats or terraces North of Birmingham

90 days out of 180 x 2 or 6 month out of 12,whichever is the easier for you to grasp.It was 12 month out of 12 before the Bong and no costly 12 month private insurance /extra brexit red tape required.😆
if you stopped posting misinformation i wouldn't have replied to have to correct you.
that's me off the thread in case it gets derailed any further.

I have lost count of the amount if times I've taken calls from essentially brokers selling blocks of flats or terraces North of Birmingham
Bloke from Leicester just bought 5 terraced houses in my old street where I grew up. Loose change for him apparently ..never even been to see them.. Happy to collect rent from DSS and seemingly not worried about voids or bad tenants. The estate agents dealing with it charge 12% management fees and will push any old trash into the houses and when damage is done will put the work to their own maintenance guys and make a killing there aswell. Easy money
The decent folk still living nearby are the ones who suffer.

Bloke from Leicester just bought 5 terraced houses in my old street where I grew up. Loose change for him apparently ..never even been to see them.. Happy to collect rent from DSS and seemingly not worried about voids or bad tenants. The estate agents dealing with it charge 12% management fees and will push any old trash into the houses and when damage is done will put the work to their own maintenance guys and make a killing there aswell. Easy money
The decent folk still living nearby are the ones who suffer.
Now I’m not defending this landlord because I hate this sort of thing. But why do we put up with this, these tenants are given a house to live in, probably for free. Yet they repay this gesture by being anti-social and trashing the house, is there no repercussions to this sort of behaviour?

Now I’m not defending this landlord because I hate this sort of thing. But why do we put up with this, these tenants are given a house to live in, probably for free. Yet they repay this gesture by being anti-social and trashing the house, is there no repercussions to this sort of behaviour?
They aren't given a house to live in, they rent it. By free do you mean paid for by the taxpayer via benefits? That money goes to the landlord. Tax payer funded property empire. So, even allowing that your ridiculous statements were true the main beneficiary would be the absentee landlord.

They aren't given a house to live in, they rent it. By free do you mean paid for by the taxpayer via benefits? That money goes to the landlord. Tax payer funded property empire. So, even allowing that your ridiculous statements were true the main beneficiary would be the absentee landlord.
So a tenant should be allowed to trash somebody’s property without comeback. Decent dss tenants are discriminated against because of the behaviour of bad Dss tenants.

Works both ways mate. Some properties aren't looked after by the landlord and why should the tenants put any effort into looking after it.
However there is a problem with scum tenants who seem to go from rental to rental not paying rent and smashing up houses with little or no consequences .
You could just take the DSS out of it and call them bad tenants.
That is true to be honest. Plenty of bad tenants are private payers, likewise the majority of DSS are good honest folk, however the majority of scum tenants are by nature paid for by DSS.

Last edited:
You could just take the DSS out of it and call them bad tenants.
I have had tenants well in to double figures and every single one of them have been fine, except 3, which have left owing money, and left properties in various states of disrepair. These are the only 3 dss tenants I have ever dealt with. Now I’m not saying that all dss tenants are bad, I may have just been very very unlucky.

Landlords are a the mercy of the tenant too. Do you know how hard it is to get a tenant out if they stop paying rent? Takes about 6 months, and you never see a penny of the lost rent, the court fees, the bayliff fees etc. And that's not considering all the paperwork you have to have absolutely perfect, otherwise the court case is thrown out.

Fine for big companies. But such a nightmare for accidental landlords like me, that I just sold the house instead of going through it again. Pretty much triggered a bout of depression that took a year+ to get over too.

a pal of mine who had a canny portfolio of rental properties started getting out of them about fifteen years ago and had none left about five years ago for exactly the reason you posted above.

Back