House of the Dragon - Game of Thrones Spin off Trailer

Just watched it.
Can't say I have any interest in it.

GoT deserves all the shit it gets for that last season.
I'm interested, loved GoT, however you're right about the last bit, that final season was diabolical. IMO they should film another 2 seasons to end the original GoT and just forget about the debacle which was season 8

Will still watch this though

All of them.
Not seen rogue one.
How is TG,TB&TU a sequel?
Didn't realise temple of doom was made as a prequel.
Not having godfather 2 as a prequel though.

Planetof the apes were decent i agree
Didn’t even realise Temple of doom was a prequel, holy shit balls
Same
Not seen rogue one.
How is TG,TB&TU a sequel?
Didn't realise temple of doom was made as a prequel.
Not having godfather 2 as a prequel though.

Planetof the apes were decent i agree

Same
I meant prequel for TG,TB&TU

Last edited:
Set before A few Dollars more

Set the year before Raiders

DeNiro scenes are half the movie, all set years before. Which is why I said half of it.

Well I never. I never had that as a prequel to few dollars more. Thought even though Van Cleef and Eastwood were in it that they were different characters.
I always thought the dollars trilogy was three separate films really with no storyline linking the three.

This is correct.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is considered a prequel,[4] since it depicts Eastwood's character gradually acquiring the clothing he wears throughout the first two films and because it takes place during the American Civil War (1861–1865), whereas the other two films feature comparatively more modern firearms and other props.[citation needed] For example, Lee Van Cleef's character in For a Few Dollars More appears to be a Confederate veteran who has come down in the world, and a graveyard scene in A Fistful of Dollars features a gravestone dated 1874.

But also

Although not Leone's intention, the three films came to be considered a trilogy following the exploits of the same so-called "Man with No Name" (portrayed by Clint Eastwood, wearing the same clothes and acting with the same mannerisms). The "Man with No Name" concept was invented by the American distributor United Artists, looking for a strong angle to sell the films as a trilogy.[citation needed] Eastwood's character does indeed have a name (albeit a nickname) and a different one in each film: "Joe", "Manco" and "Blondie", respectively.

Last edited:
Got no interest in this thanks to the mess of the GoT ending. I was well into the whole mythology too. Shame ☹️
Fair enough if it doesn't peak your interest, but I don’t really get your reason why. Hasn't it got a completely different writing and production team? That obviously doesn't mean it's going to be brilliant but I think it'll be completely different to GoT.

Fair enough if it doesn't peak your interest, but I don’t really get your reason why. Hasn't it got a completely different writing and production team? That obviously doesn't mean it's going to be brilliant but I think it'll be completely different to GoT.

I just mean my genuine enthusiasm for it as a whole. I'll certainly give it a try. Maybe if Martin didnt just sack off the books id be still invested in the universe.

I just mean my genuine enthusiasm for it as a whole. I'll certainly give it a try. Maybe if Martin didnt just sack off the books id be still invested in the universe.
I'm not even arsed about the books anymore. They were pretty messy anyway and I can't see how it was possible to finish them off in books with everything that was going on. What they do though is give a decent screen writer plenty of source material.

I'm not even arsed about the books anymore. They were pretty messy anyway and I can't see how it was possible to finish them off in books with everything that was going on. What they do though is give a decent screen writer plenty of source material.
I thought that, I read through them recently. The first couple of books were ok, but they went downhill. I think it was a case of him having the first books trimmed by an editor while he was unknown. But by the later book, who would dare trim down the books of such a popular author? Fired, another editor in.

That is how we ended up with chapter after chapter about Quentin, Young Griff, Stoneheart etc. All storylines that dragged and ultimately went nowhere.

Back