House of the Dragon - Game of Thrones Spin off Trailer

Totally agree. The sex bits just make it embarrassing for family viewing. But extreme violence is absolutely fine.

Fewer dragons I would go for as well. As soon as they came in it all went to shit.

I’d guess there’s going to be a lot of dragons, mind.

I agree I wasn’t too keen on that side of things, but they’ll be central to this storyline.

Yeah, I know. Just felt like everything went into special effects at that point and they neglected the story.

I'd be happy to have them kept in the background. But I'm a bit of miserable bastard.

Totally agree. The sex bits just make it embarrassing for family viewing. But extreme violence is absolutely fine.

Fewer dragons I would go for as well. As soon as they came in it all went to shit.

What exactly made Game of Thrones family viewing?! Unless you have a family where the kids are late teens.
If that's the case be grateful they want to sit and watch anything with you!

Not sure how wrong they can get it this time given the book that this storyline is based on is written with a conclusion! Problem with GoT was the writers only had broad brush from the useless author after season 5.

There will be loads of dragons given the whole premise of this series is the dance of the dragons civil war but probably less shagging!!!

Last edited:
That teaser looks rather generic tbh. I'll withhold my opinion until it's much nearer the time of the release of the final product.

Last edited:
I'll give it a watch. More interested in the Lord of the Rings series although concerned Amazon will ruin Middle Earth....no nudity or sex please for a start 👍

I’m hoping this will be better than GoT later series as the cast should be much stronger.

GoT storyline in the early series carried some of the poor leading cast e.g. Jon Snow, Dany etc. The better actors were actually killed off and the dross survived.

Was never family viewing and the books had a hell of a lot about sex and rape. But in the show in the early days, they were clearly just trying to shock viewers and push the boundaries. The littlefinger speech about wanting chaos, keep them guessing etc, I think in the book he said it in a quiet room over a glass of wine. In the show there was a fairly graphic lesbian sex scene in the background for no particular reason.

Looks like utter daft f***ing shite that'll get watched because people hope it'll erase or ease the memory of the unbridled mishap of a f***ing abortion that was the last series of Game of Thrones. All it has to do is be less shite than that to keep people marginally happy and it looks debatable as to whether they'll manage even that lowly, lamentable benchmark.

Looks like utter daft f***ing shite that'll get watched because people hope it'll erase or ease the memory of the unbridled mishap of a f***ing abortion that was the last series of Game of Thrones. All it has to do is be less shite than that to keep people marginally happy and it looks debatable as to whether they'll manage even that lowly, lamentable benchmark.

So do you like the look of it or not?

Back