Hosepipe bans

It's crazy in the UK, I'm in the middle east and there's not been rain for months here yet there is no hose pipe ban here
As long as the money for the water flows the other way it’s a good idea. Water is a resource like oil, like gas, like coal. It needs to be managed, processed and distributed. Those with plenty of a resource have a right to charge others who want it.
It'll become a real commodity in years to come if we don't change the wasteful ways

Last edited:
It's crazy in the UK, I'm in the middle east and there's not been rain for months here yet there is no hose pipe ban here

It'll become a real commodity in years to come if we don't change the wasteful ways
I suspect they have built water supplies to cope with the increase in population. Here we have not. You can order this table by date:

The last reservoir built in the South East was Bewl, 47 years ago. The population has massively expanded since then, we get less average rainfall and have had hotter summers. There was a proposal 70 years ago for a reservoir near Canterbury. It has never been fully rejected, but never been built either.

Lack of investment in important public resources, not keeping supply with demands, these things are going to happen.

Back