Hosepipe bans

As long as the money for the water flows the other way it’s a good idea. Water is a resource like oil, like gas, like coal. It needs to be managed, processed and distributed. Those with plenty of a resource have a right to charge others who want it.
in that case then somebody who pays for a resource, should have the right to do with it what they please no?

Why does South East Water have an examption for hot tubs? Other water companies who have implemented a ban have not.

Hosepipe ban includes ‘crazy’ exemption for hot tubs and people watering new lawns

Some predictions?

A director or senior manager has a hot tub.
A politician with a hot tub is in cahoots with them.
A gathering with rich and influencial people is to take place in a hot tub.

It looks like some meat for journalists in the tabloids to investigate.

Some justifications?

The vapour from the hot tub will form a cloud and rain somewhere else.
In Kent, the hot tub will smooth out the 'rough electricity' coming from France.
Immigrants coming across the channel will see bubbles and hear noises; this will make them think that they are coming to a party capital such as Ibiza and they will turn back because it is not compatible with their religion.
I’m with South East water and have just been reading through their FAQ page

That is crazy. I’m only bothered about my veg patch as I’m using to grow food. I can’t keep my tomatoes alive unless I do it by hand up and down the garden with a watering can. But if I want to invite friends around and sit drinking fizzy win in a glorified bath every night, using gallons of water, that is fine.

What is also fine is to use a pump for grey water, e.g. water from a bath, shower or hot tub. It is fine for me to fill a massive hot tub and then pump it out over my veg patch, but not to do it directly.

I think someone posh with influence enjoys their hot tub evenings too much and has lobbied for an exemption.

There’s going to be a hosepipe ban in my neck of the woods from 26th August. I don’t have a scooby why, if the weather forecasts and current reservoir levels indicate that there’s a shortage, they don’t just announce if from Monday - or today even. The area is largely arable farmland so that might be something to do with th3 notice period I suppose.

My response (I’ll say ‘virtue signalling’ on others behalf just to save them time and effort) was to be particularly conscious about teeth brushing and showering regime this morning. I should do that anyway. I’m on a water meter. And I neverbuseca hosepipe in the garden. A watering can is more laborious but far more efficient I find.

The rest of the stree/estate response. Power Jetwashers haveen going all day. All the cars on the street must be the cleanest they’ve ever been. Hosepipes, in addition are on full stream opposite and on both sides of me. When the garage door had been hosepiped next door, the kids had a lovely time hosing each other down.

oh well

Need nationalising asafp, same with power companies, train companies and Bt, post off…………
Will never happen under a conservative government

Those that chose to give them their votes, have to change their minds

Will it happen in 2024 who knows but it’s on them

Will never happen under a conservative government

Those that chose to give them their votes, have to change their minds

Will it happen in 2024 who knows but it’s on them
I said it on post 15 but the water companies are regulated regional monopoly businesses anyway, and so have less incentive to reinvest than to be cash cows for private investors. Given the state of the supply network nationalisation would be a good thing but whether it happens or not remains to be seen

I said it on post 15 but the water companies are regulated regional monopoly businesses anyway, and so have less incentive to reinvest than to be cash cows for private investors. Given the state of the supply network nationalisation would be a good thing but whether it happens or not remains to be seen
Too much money being filtered ironically to overseas concerns now

Same with nearly all the energy companies and any big business in the uk

The hated Corbyn wantsed to renationalise

It’s never happening again so ordinary people will just have to live with it

You can’t protest as theyve brought new laws in to cover that

They want rid of the bbc and nhs.

Still this is what people want as they keep voting them in

It took 18 years to get rid before.

I’m with South East water and have just been reading through their FAQ page

That is crazy. I’m only bothered about my veg patch as I’m using to grow food. I can’t keep my tomatoes alive unless I do it by hand up and down the garden with a watering can. But if I want to invite friends around and sit drinking fizzy win in a glorified bath every night, using gallons of water, that is fine.

What is also fine is to use a pump for grey water, e.g. water from a bath, shower or hot tub. It is fine for me to fill a massive hot tub and then pump it out over my veg patch, but not to do it directly.

I think someone posh with influence enjoys their hot tub evenings too much and has lobbied for an exemption.
Just don’t take a pick of notice. I don’t know why anybody would listen to these pathetic rules

Back