Horrible In-Laws

My daughter is getting married to some horrible little tosspot soon. Honestly, I’m a little bit ashamed for her but she tells me she really likes him despite the fact she’s seeing other blokes behind his back.

Was dreading going to the wedding but thankfully my other daughter met a fantastic lad 3 months back and his 21st is on the same day. He’s got the function room of the local booked and is laying on a free bar and buffet. Honestly, he’s a top bloke with great prospects and he’s much better looking than the other daughter’s fiancé.

Thank fuck me and the wife don’t need to sit through an absolute shit show of a wedding with that wanker and his wet blanket mates wearing awful, badly fitted suits.
Very 2012

Make a point of getting loads of photos with your family at the wedding, and those of her family who turn up. Put them on Facebook and wait for the comments about the missing family members to start coming in. Brush it aside with the comment that the parents preferred to go to the birthday party rather than see their daughter married.

Sounds like some princessy posturing from the mother-in-law who is pissed off at not getting her way (to be fair, paying for the hair and make-up is usually part of the deal). I'd call their bluff, tell them their invites will remain open and you hope to see them there. As it gets closer to the day, they will back down - no chance the father won't see his daughter married
The missus has actually said she she' would pay her back after the wedding in regards to the hair. All our money has gone on the wedding/honeymoon so there's no cash free until payday.

As for the father bit, he's her step dad but looked after since she was 6 and treated her like his own since, that's the biggest surprise out of all them tbh

You went to wrestlemania?
He’s completely lost any remote claim to having the moral high ground in all this with that admission like. I’m on team in laws now.

For months our lass’s dad had been planning a big doo for his 70th (rented the park for his party, bands, buffet and 600 of his closest friends. We decided to go (it was in Accra) then found out her sister decided to get married on the same day in another part of Accra. So we attended the wedding (full on left footer service in some steaming barn with no AC) then schlepped across town to attend her dad’s party.

We later found out the reason her sister wouldn’t budge on the date was cos she was up the duff and didn’t want to put the wedding off a minute longer so the bairn would appear to have been born within the limits of propriety and not the result of extra-marital fornication.

Back