Horizon Forbidden West

I've just downloaded Zero Dawn to play through again in preparation for Forbidden West and it seems proper clunky compared to what I remember. Canny bit pop in with textures and the lighting seems to go a bit mad in cutscenes. Maybe it's something to do with playing on backwards compatibility as I don't remember it like this.

Reviews out tomorrow for Forbidden West so hopefully it's good.

Last edited:
I've just downloaded Zero Dawn to play through again in preparation for Forbidden West and it seems proper clunky compared to what I remember. Canny bit pop in with textures and the lighting seems to go a bit mad in cutscenes. Maybe it's something to do with playing on backwards compatibility as I don't remember it like this.

Reviews out tomorrow for Forbidden West so hopefully it's good.

Reviews must be good if they aren't embargoed till after launch

The first I enjoyed as much as I remember enjoying any game ever
Combat wise I think it's the most fun open world game I've played tbh. I never thought the characters were that memorable but the story was canny good though. It will take a lot to beat the overall package of Witcher 3 in the open world rpg stakes.

yeah seems as though it's better than the first from reviews.

Trying to get through the first game before Friday by mainlining it, but I'm wandering off on side quests.
Enjoy it properly, do all the side quests, it’s a class game and forbidden west will still be there when you finish it.
was my first platinum.

Enjoy it properly, do all the side quests, it’s a class game and forbidden west will still be there when you finish it.
was my first platinum.
I already platinumed it when it came out. I was just wanting to remember the story again before the 2nd game.

Combat wise I think it's the most fun open world game I've played tbh. I never thought the characters were that memorable but the story was canny good though. It will take a lot to beat the overall package of Witcher 3 in the open world rpg stakes.

Never liked witcher, think its the most overrated game ever

HZD was one of my favourite games I played in a long time. One of the few games that I have actually completed. I preordered the collectors edition at the weekend, now if I can just get myself a PS5 to play it on.

HZD was one of my favourite games I played in a long time. One of the few games that I have actually completed. I preordered the collectors edition at the weekend, now if I can just get myself a PS5 to play it on.
Can still play it on the PS4 like, although at a lower framerate and graphical setting.

Loved the first one. Will definitely be getting this one.
Having flashbacks of those f***ing annoying bird bastards who were always the death of me!

Back