Horizon Forbidden West

Played the first few hours of this and loving it. Movement seems more fluid and the hapitic feedback and 3d audio are great. The tool you get early on to aid traversal and move stuff is a great addition. The animations and facial expressions are a step up from the first game. I'm playing on very hard and it doesn't seem too brutal although a couple hits and ya goosed at this stage. I'll whack it down if gets too difficult as it's not linked to a trophy and I really wanna hammer the game without having to grind.

Thankfully they released a patch the other day that stops her yapping away to herself so much!
something about her stash I believe. I like a lot of the little sayings/quips from the first game so I guess it was a bit much in this one. He hair still flaps all over indoors when sitting still which was a gripe from one reviewer I listened to

something about her stash I believe. I like a lot of the little sayings/quips from the first game so I guess it was a bit much in this one. He hair still flaps all over indoors when sitting still which was a gripe from one reviewer I listened to
Her hair is definitely very active alright!

Just completed this, got the platinum, it’s a great game with lots of positives but by god there’s a lot of talking in it. Not just aloy to herself, every random fucker you meet wants to tell you their life story.
I just got sick of it after a while and skipped it all from then on. lifes too short!

Loving it me. Played around 50 hours so far and at level 29. I got stuck on a level 17 main mission and had to level up to 26 or summit before I could actually beat it which was annoying. I do like the side stuff so not all bad

I’m still early on. Finished nearly all the bits at Chainscrape (got a couple bits still to do) and will then be moving onto Barren Light for the embassy.

Loving it! But that’s because I haven’t come across one of those arsehole birds yet!!

I’m still early on. Finished nearly all the bits at Chainscrape (got a couple bits still to do) and will then be moving onto Barren Light for the embassy.

Loving it! But that’s because I haven’t come across one of those arsehole birds yet!!
aye the flying machine types can be pretty annoying

aye the flying machine types can be pretty annoying
spike throwers are your friend. I used them for nearly every machine. You get a really good spike thrower by finishing all the salvage missions then just alternate between throwing drill spikes and exploding spikes, will take everything down.

Only really used the bow and the spike thrower. There are so many unnecessary weapons!

spike throwers are your friend. I used them for nearly every machine. You get a really good spike thrower by finishing all the salvage missions then just alternate between throwing drill spikes and exploding spikes, will take everything down.

Only really used the bow and the spike thrower. There are so many unnecessary weapons!
Yeah I've been using a spike thrower the whole game. I''ve not done all the salvage missions yet but have got a couple good ones from other side missions. Onto the final main mission now so mopping up the dozen or so side things I haven't done. I think I'm goosed for the platinum like as the melee pit missions are bugged. Doesn't register speaking with the first one after beating him and at Thornmarsh the Destroyer Chain doesn't work no matter how may times I've tried. I'd expect to have been lucky and just fluked the combo by this point.

On the whole though great game.

Yeah I've been using a spike thrower the whole game. I''ve not done all the salvage missions yet but have got a couple good ones from other side missions. Onto the final main mission now so mopping up the dozen or so side things I haven't done. I think I'm goosed for the platinum like as the melee pit missions are bugged. Doesn't register speaking with the first one after beating him and at Thornmarsh the Destroyer Chain doesn't work no matter how may times I've tried. I'd expect to have been lucky and just fluked the combo by this point.

On the whole though great game.
the melee pits were an absolute fucker to complete, No Matter how many times I tried them I couldnt do them. Then I found the video below that explains them much better, you basically skip the last button press of an action and roll it into the next one. After watching this I did them all first time. Worth a look.

the melee pits were an absolute fucker to complete, No Matter how many times I tried them I couldnt do them. Then I found the video below that explains them much better, you basically skip the last button press of an action and roll it into the next one. After watching this I did them all first time. Worth a look.

I'll give the a watch a give it a go later.

Just had a look at that and can't see what I'm doing wrong other than timing the pause wrong. I'm still of the mind I should have fluked it by now

Last edited:
I'll give the a watch a give it a go later.

Just had a look at that and can't see what I'm doing wrong other than timing the pause wrong. I'm still of the mind I should have fluked it by now
It’s more about leaving off the R1 at the end of one move when the next begins with R1. They roll into each other.

Those and the hunting trials were a pain in the hole!

Last edited:

Just finished The Embassy. LOVE my spike thrower. Just need to keep my blastpaste topped up as I’m rinsing through it. But it’s definitely my weapon of choice alongside the bow.

Just finished after 87 hours. Great game and enjoyed most of it apart from a few massive spikes in difficulty at random times and couple glitches here and there. Gameplay and world amazing, story/acting canny but not on a RDR2 TLOU2 level for me. I expect another game in this series.

Just finished after 87 hours. Great game and enjoyed most of it apart from a few massive spikes in difficulty at random times and couple glitches here and there. Gameplay and world amazing, story/acting canny but not on a RDR2 TLOU2 level for me. I expect another game in this series.

First one was like that. Feeling powerful? Fights getting easy? Here's three snapmaws. Then you get a feel for how to beat them. I loved the enemy design, pretty much everything was beatable with the right weapons and strategy. Such a refreshing change from a lot of games where enemies may look different, fight harder, but are all similar.

First one was like that. Feeling powerful? Fights getting easy? Here's three snapmaws. Then you get a feel for how to beat them. I loved the enemy design, pretty much everything was beatable with the right weapons and strategy. Such a refreshing change from a lot of games where enemies may look different, fight harder, but are all similar.
I actually think it was unbalanced in a few areas rather than just increasing the difficulty. The first Tremortusk fight I ended up having to over level massively to take it out, whereas most other missions I was able to do at the correct level. I think it was a level 17 mission but the actual dinosaur was level 34 or summit.

Back