Hop House

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not really a craft lager...its brewed by guinness

they just market it to look like one..its still made in a chemical plant with no human input

Last edited:

It's halfway between a lager and an ale. I can't stand it
It’s not, it’s a lager that uses new world hops. A Kolsch is halfway between a lager and an ale, as is a California Common. Hop House is a lager.

Thanks to Guinness it’s difficult for microbreweries and home brewers to get hold of Galaxy hops because Guinness are buying whole crops of it for the sake of using 12g of it per 50L or something!

All the beer snobs out in force here. Nowt wrong with most beers - they all have a time and a place that they work the best.

The only ones I really avoid completely is Stout in general and Guinness in particular.
Most (not all) mass produced wee is flavourless shite. Moretti used to be great until they started brewing it in the UK under license and now it’s bland shite too.

Having said that, I do love a Corona although Pacifico and Modelo are better.

Most (not all) mass produced wee is flavourless shite. Moretti used to be great until they started brewing it in the UK under license and now it’s bland shite too.

Having said that, I do love a Corona although Pacifico and Modelo are better.
Granted, but sometimes I find I want something that's not too interesting. Every drinking session doesn't need to be a craft experience. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll regularly try various beers and usually hover between IPA or a pint of Best, depending if there are any guest ales to try, but some days all I want is a nice cold Carlsberg.

Granted, but sometimes I find I want something that's not too interesting. Every drinking session doesn't need to be a craft experience. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll regularly try various beers and usually hover between IPA or a pint of Best, depending if there are any guest ales to try, but some days all I want is a nice cold Carlsberg.

The only time for cooking lager is when it's lunchtime on a super hot day and you don't want to be wankered, just refreshed.

Have a try of Innis & Gunn. I’ve tried to get on board with a bit of craft stuff but it all gets a bit weird for me. I&G is somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back