Honeyman

The owner specifically mentioned Honeyman in one of his podcast interviews as being one of the players who wanted to leave the club. This information had apparently come via his agent who said she considered the player to be at the very least of championship standard. There were rumours of interest from Sheffield Wednesday at this time.
Since then we've been told that some players have told Ross they are willing to stay after talking directly with the manager - who knows if Honeyman is one of these players.

For me I'd preserve with him if he's given a commitment to the manager. I think he could do ok at this level, however, if he still wants out then let him go. One of the rare positives of dropping down to League 1 is it shouldn't be too hard to find players capable of doing a decent job.
The manager said a few weeks ago he had spoken to players on the phone as they were on holiday..some wanted to go some undecided.He did add " face to face" discussions may change things( presumably after he explained how he wants to set up play,front foot with pace as he desribed it)Some naturally do not suit that style, he was was very clear that he expected commitment or they would be shifted(if we could?and added the grass is not always greener somewhere else other than safc,as some may find out)Maybe Honeyman and others have changed their minds after being assosciated with recent abject failure( domething Ross also said would be a factor in many not commiting over the phone)in short we still dont know who wants to stay, one thing is for sure,after listening to the manager speak so well i am still in and a couple of poor showings in friendlies wont change that...he needs time to build , even more so to somehow clear out and change attitudes..he needs our support but as he said " its down to the players to get us on our feet not other way around"...he even added we have done our bit buying tickets in thousands...he is a refreshing change ...just lets give him and those that want to wear the shirt a bit of time(it will be a young side in all probability)
Just got text off man city season ticket holder who says this evans lad was their youth team captain,good player who could not get into senior team..could be camny signing,reading fans dont seem keen on losing him...

Last edited by a moderator:
And that’s why I love this place. A discussion about one of our players and his relative merits seamlessly interspersed with a debate about age-related toe touching ability.
Just don't go touching his ma's toes, or there could be trouble ahead.

Back