Honeyman

I suppose he stays because we have to keep some of them and his wages and attitude are more beneficial than the likes of Cattermole and Ndong. That's about the most glowing reference that I can come up with.

I suppose he stays because we have to keep some of them and his wages and attitude are more beneficial than the likes of Cattermole and Ndong. That's about the most glowing reference that I can come up with.

The owner specifically mentioned Honeyman in one of his podcast interviews as being one of the players who wanted to leave the club. This information had apparently come via his agent who said she considered the player to be at the very least of championship standard. There were rumours of interest from Sheffield Wednesday at this time.
Since then we've been told that some players have told Ross they are willing to stay after talking directly with the manager - who knows if Honeyman is one of these players.

For me I'd preserve with him if he's given a commitment to the manager. I think he could do ok at this level, however, if he still wants out then let him go. One of the rare positives of dropping down to League 1 is it shouldn't be too hard to find players capable of doing a decent job.

The owner specifically mentioned Honeyman in one of his podcast interviews as being one of the players who wanted to leave the club. This information had apparently come via his agent who said she considered the player to be at the very least of championship standard. There were rumours of interest from Sheffield Wednesday at this time.
Since then we've been told that some players have told Ross they are willing to stay after talking directly with the manager - who knows if Honeyman is one of these players.

For me I'd preserve with him if he's given a commitment to the manager. I think he could do ok at this level, however, if he still wants out then let him go. One of the rare positives of dropping down to League 1 is it shouldn't be too hard to find players capable of doing a decent job.
Preserve? Got yourself in a bit of a pickle there!

Spot on. This is documented but I think a lot of people have missed this. Agents in talking bollocks and potentially lining their own pockets shocker

Hopefully he is one of the players who has told Ross he wants to stay , until we find out any different people need to back him not moan imo.

He’s gone from being on the verge of being released, sent back early from a loan spell at Gateshead because they had better options in their squad ..... to being at least a championship standard player with better options than his local team in the third tier?

Only in his f***ing head.

I agree with most that he's not the best player to put on the shirt but I still think he will do alright in this league.

Last edited:

Back