Honeyman to Hull?

George Honeyman lived what most of us here would love to do and you cannot say he didn't give his absolute all doing so. It isn't his fault Ross picked him all last season even when he was hugely out of form. I'm happy he's been sold because it means he won't be shoehorned into the side.

Massively this. it was excruciating to see it time after time last season.

I would certainly hope so, was Grimsby's best player and was 19 when he went there. Honeyman was a year older when he went to Gateshead and didn't set the world on fire. He's better at the same age and will hopefully kick on to be better in future as well

I reckon so, given the england teams seem to rate him enough to take him to tournaments, his next target is a good few seasons with Sunderland maybe make the under 21 championships in 2021 squad.
So out of Ross, Donald and Honeyman we've had 3 different takes on how the transfer came about.

Interesting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds more to me like the Donald snapped off someone's had when presented with the 400K cheque...

Ross said he was surprised to hear he was being sold in yesterday's interview, no?

Whatevs, at least we got something for him before he's on a free. Can't say I'm disappointed to see him go. The less Mags Byrne repped players we have to deal with, the better imo

Good luck to the lad. He's certainly worked hard here and come up the right way.

Ross told SD about him leaving

It’s amazing that the people who usually complain and moan about anything the club does are also the ones who rate George f***ing Honeyman as a footballer...

Strange coincidence.

Utter drivel.

I don't moan about things the club does. Quite the opposite. And I rate Honeyman as a footballer.

Sounds more to me like the Donald snapped off someone's had when presented with the 400K cheque...

Ross said he was surprised to hear he was being sold in yesterday's interview, no?

Whatevs, at least we got something for him before he's on a free. Can't say I'm disappointed to see him go. The less Mags Byrne repped players we have to deal with, the better imo

Good luck to the lad. He's certainly worked hard here and come up the right way.

Ross said he was surprised a bid came in. Not that he was sold. SD confirmed the football management side of the club made the decision to sell. Not him.

Feel I have to keep reiterating this because despite it being cleared up already the "sold behind the managers' back" story seems to persist in here.

No. That’s clearly not what he meant. He said he was surprised about the bid, in that it came out of the blue. Usually there is some rumour or talk of players moving first - maybe through an agent or whatever.

This is backed up by Honeyman saying it all happened really quickly.

He didn’t seem concerned about losing him, at all, in fact when asked about replacing him - he said we’ve got plenty of players there but we need a left back...

Every time he says something “positive” or answers with a “yes”, he shakes his head. It’s a classic sign of deception. He’s not a happy bunny.

Aye that’s why he said he was surprised by it.

Ross is a lot of things. A liar he isn’t.

Surprised by the bid. Not the sale.

Conspiracy theorists out in force today again I see. Now they're body language experts too. No surprises as to who they are as usual.

Ross said he was surprised a bid came in. Not that he was sold. SD confirmed the football management side of the club made the decision to sell. Not him.

Feel I have to keep reiterating this because despite it being cleared up already the "sold behind the managers' back" story seems to persist in here.

No conspiracy here... I genuinely did not know that, so thx for clarifying.

He's a mag but despite lacking much real talent he gave his all so gets best wishes from me. Glad to see him go in football terms tho
exactly this, same as Colback, Newcastle fans but gave their all for SAFC while here, cant ask for any more than that from him.

wish him well.

Back