Homemade soups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannit beat me Mars Broth like :cool:

It's windy, getting cooler, so I'm making soup. My personal favourite is a minted pea recipe (potatoes, garlic, onions, stock, peas, mint, blended together.) I'm not sure that this can be beaten, especially with crusty bread.

Any other favourites?
Sounds lovely, but without the mint.

Lamb shoulder (bone in), stock, carrots, turnip/swede, onions, pearl barley.

Season and simmer for 4-6 hours adding more liquid if needed.

Leave to cool overnight. Next day, skim fat off surface, reheat and serve with crusty or any other bread and lashings of butter.

Re-heating is the key!

Food of the gods.

Cauliflower cheese soup (use frozen cauliflower... It's fine) blended till silky smooth.

Also Jack Monroe's carrot, chickpeas and garlic soup.... Lush

That sounds tremendous. Gonna make that tomorrow whilst the bairn is at school I reckon, might even do a bit homemade bread to go with it.

:lol: I have to say I'm not a fan of lumpy soups. My Mam used to make broth but I was always picking out the butter beans - and feeding them to the cat, who developed a taste for them.

When I was a kid I would have eaten my nanas broth everyday over the winter if I was given the chance, loved the stuff.

Leek, onion, potato, turnip, carrot, 1 tin of dice corned beef and beef gravy granules - I call it corned beef hash, whatever it is it's bloody lusheroonie (especially with a bit bread for dipping in, yum).

In what world would that ever be classed as a soup?

with the tools available these days, magic bullets and the like, you can make soup out of absolutely anything imo mate, me cream of lasagne is a particular favourite with the nephew's bairn, whilst old giddy's a big fan of sunday dinner leftover broth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back