1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homebrewing - Part 3

Discussion in 'SMB' started by jubblies, Nov 19, 2012.

1. It is, it seems to be working really well. I hear the lad who suggested it is a cracking fella.

PTR likes this.
  2. PTR

PTR Striker

How much does it cost to send 4 bottles in the post then?

3. No idea, for the comp you only need to send one which costs 2 pound something. That always sounds like good value but it actually makes for a very expensive bottle of home brew. :lol:

PTR likes this.
  4. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Just had a right drama. Boiler decided to pack up just as it was coming to the boil. Luckily, the wife let me have my birthday present early. My Hi CaraAmber brew is back on!

[​IMG]

PTR likes this.
  5. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

and for 1 person to get pissed on lots of free beer by the sound of it.

PTR likes this.
  6. PTR

PTR Striker

Still can't believe the 8.4% Punk IPA accident is so drinkable. You'd never guess it was this strong.

7. Are you sure it is actually that strong? Overshooting by that much would take an incredible leap in efficiency or miscalculation.

8. PTR

PTR Striker

It was miscalculated. I put 100% of the grain bill in as dme.

9. :lol: That would do it!

PTR likes this.
  10. PTR

PTR Striker

Tastes a lot like jaipur X tbh

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  11. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Drinking my blue moon clone. Canny.

[​IMG]

PTR and Mick Dundee like this.
  12. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Doing a milk stout this weekend after I've given all my stuff a spring clean.

Mick Dundee likes this.
  13. PTR

PTR Striker

Still waay to cold for me sadly. Mind, I've got about forty bottles to drink, so I'm in no rush

14. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

The brew fridge is proving it's worth currently. I have an El Dorado smash ready to cold crash in there now.

PTR likes this.
  15. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Actually got round to making the milk stout today. Going to be doing some Young's bitter kits during the week for some cheap and easy drink for BBQ season. Got 10 kits from the factory clearance in North Shields for £10. Cheers to @jubblies for the heads up.

jubblies likes this.
  16. PTR

PTR Striker

Still nowhere near through the beer I made last year. Can't step foot in the shed.

The cider kit is ruined though, that faulty auto syphon destroyed it.

17. jubblies

jubblies Striker

80 pints of Youngs bitter set away.

Double canned so should taste canny.

£4 for 80 pints :lol::lol:

Wilfy likes this.
  18. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Did you put sugar in or just as they were?

19. jubblies

jubblies Striker

Starting gravity of 1.05 so didn't need any.

20. humbug

humbug Winger

i've been getting quite merry watching the six nations tournament drinking what i had left over from last years brew.
    going to start another batch in a couple of weeks. i'm no expert, just use the wilkinsons kits but it's nice enough for me.
    i envy the set up some of you lot have :)