Homebrewing - Part 3

jubblies

Striker
That's pretty much all i do!

Anyone tried that Wilkos Newkie Brown? Worth a punt? Going to fling on a cerveza and one more. Though i might give this one a go.

Mine is conditioning at the minute and should be drinkable by next weekend. I had a glass when bottling and it's vey sweet. The flavour was a bit odd. I'm sticking to the stout/cerveza combo from now on

Re: Homebrewing - Part 2

Mine is conditioning at the minute and should be drinkable by next weekend. I had a glass when bottling and it's vey sweet. The flavour was a bit odd. I'm sticking to the stout/cerveza combo from now on

This is going to be a regular of mine now, along with St Peteres Red (if its any good) and Magnum ciders.

Not sure i its been said before but can you use steradent to sterilise? ran out of Steriliser today! :(

Don't know about steradent but you can use the cheap thin bleach from supermarkets. Best to get the ones without any added detergent.

Pretty gutted here.

Been waiting months for my lager to condition and improve. Its been in the shed for about a month now so its had 3 months.

Just cracked a bottle tonight, and it tastes exactly the same as 6-8 weeks ago when I tried it. i.e. it tastes of that nasty home brew taste.

So that's the 2nd batch that's going straight down the drain.

That's me done with lager. Waste of time and effort (and money)

Pretty pissed off. :evil:

Pretty gutted here.

Been waiting months for my lager to condition and improve. Its been in the shed for about a month now so its had 3 months.

Just cracked a bottle tonight, and it tastes exactly the same as 6-8 weeks ago when I tried it. i.e. it tastes of that nasty home brew taste.

What lager and how did you make it?

Just set me wherry away. Once it's done may keep a bottle for a toast next July ;)

Bottled up six wine bottles worth of cranberry tc, doesn't taste too bad. Just hope it gets a bit more fizz after priming.

Need to hit lidl tomorrow for some cheap two ltr bottles of pop so I can bottle this wilkos cerveza, had a glass out of the fv tonight n Altho its cloudy n warm it tasted mint.

Might hit wilkos on wed when I get paid n try a stout.

Pretty gutted here.

Same with my coopers. :-(

Just set me wherry away. Once it's done may keep a bottle for a toast next July ;)

Bottled up six wine bottles worth of cranberry tc, doesn't taste too bad. Just hope it gets a bit more fizz after priming.

Need to hit lidl tomorrow for some cheap two ltr bottles of pop so I can bottle this wilkos cerveza, had a glass out of the fv tonight n Altho its cloudy n warm it tasted mint.

Might hit wilkos on wed when I get paid n try a stout.

I hope not in wine bottles!!! :eek:

I hope not in wine bottles!!! :eek:

It's in the garage so if they pop they'll not do any damage, (can't say for exploding like)

I done some ginger wine a few month back and forgot about it, about 6 weeks later I opened one and it had a bit of a fizz to it, that was just in bog standard wine bottles so i'm reckoning this stuff will be ok too.

It's in the garage so if they pop they'll not do any damage, (can't say for exploding like)

I done some ginger wine a few month back and forgot about it, about 6 weeks later I opened one and it had a bit of a fizz to it, that was just in bog standard wine bottles so i'm reckoning this stuff will be ok too.

Might be ok then. Handle with care!!! :lol:

Done 2 coopers now. I know what went wrong the first time, but the 2nd run..... no idea why it wasn't right. Perhaps it was just too warm in the house at the time?

Don't think I'll bother again. The cider was just about ok before it was "ready", so should be fine by now. Think I'll stick to that and maybe ales (still got that wherry to do)

If it is the Coopers European one then it does take yonks of conditioning to become really nice.
Takes far too long imho but every time I get a load of kits I forget this and end up buying one.

PTR have you ever had nice homebrew that someone else has made?
Surely one of the horrible northerners on this thread could drop you off a couple of bottles of good stuff for you to compare it to!

Couple of pints of flat wherry tonight :-(
From now on I will squeeze every bottle before cold conditioning.

Gerrin I used 'yonks' in a post

If it is the Coopers European one then it does take yonks of conditioning to become really nice.
Takes far too long imho but every time I get a load of kits I forget this and end up buying one.

PTR have you ever had nice homebrew that someone else has made?
Surely one of the horrible northerners on this thread could drop you off a couple of bottles of good stuff for you to compare it to!

Couple of pints of flat wherry tonight :-(
From now on I will squeeze every bottle before cold conditioning.

Gerrin I used 'yonks' in a post

How long in yonks too long? Its been on for 3+ months now. Its still got an edge to it that makes its unpleasant to drink. Its the taste I always associate with home brew. I can't say what the flavour is though, I'm afraid.

I'm sure I could, if I got it ice cold, and maybe whacked a piece of lime in - I could drink it. But that's not why I got into this. For the sake of £15, I'm happy to bin it.

It is likely to get better if I leave it in the shed until, say, February? I'm not worried at all about leaving it.

No, I've never once tasted nice home brew!

How long in yonks too long? Its been on for 3+ months now. Its still got an edge to it that makes its unpleasant to drink. Its the taste I always associate with home brew. I can't say what the flavour is though, I'm afraid.

I'm sure I could, if I got it ice cold, and maybe whacked a piece of lime in - I could drink it. But that's not why I got into this. For the sake of £15, I'm happy to bin it.

It is likely to get better if I leave it in the shed until, say, February? I'm not worried at all about leaving it.

No, I've never once tasted nice home brew!

Get the wherry on and you soon will.

Back