Homebrewing - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always fermented in the garage. I drop a fishtank heater in the fv when its chilly. Never had a problem with it.

I know it won't be the same as building a Wallace and Gromit style contraption but its a lot better on space.

Do they have thermostats? May be cheaper for what I'm wanting it for.

Do they have thermostats? May be cheaper for what I'm wanting it for.

Aye it's got a thermostat. I got one off ebay for a 100ltre fishtank.

Just calibrate in water before you use it then dunk it in the brew (obv sterilise it)

It cost me just over a fiver. The good thing is they're designed to be submerged in water too. like this one

Edit: that's a 25w one. I'd get a 50w or 100w one.

Last edited:
My mate has a 4 tap kegerator built from a chest freezer. It's my project for 2013.

On a side note, I fell over last night and bashed my nose on a coffee table. 18 assorted pints of homebrew is not good for balance :eek::-(

I look like I've been 12 rounds with a Klitschko

Sorry but :lol::lol:

My mate has a 4 tap kegerator built from a chest freezer. It's my project for 2013.

On a side note, I fell over last night and bashed my nose on a coffee table. 18 assorted pints of homebrew is not good for balance :eek::-(

I look like I've been 12 rounds with a Klitschko

:lol:

Since a bottle of cider that i left on top of the kitchen cupboards leaked ive not dared condition owt more in the house. I've had those bottles in the garage a good few weeks and they haven't firmed up. I'm hoping the warmth will carbonate them. Ill update in a day or two.

The cerveza is due for bottling as well so once that's been bottled and bathed I can get the wherry on that I bought back in July.

Since a bottle of cider that i left on top of the kitchen cupboards leaked ive not dared condition owt more in the house. I've had those bottles in the garage a good few weeks and they haven't firmed up. I'm hoping the warmth will carbonate them. Ill update in a day or two.

The cerveza is due for bottling as well so once that's been bottled and bathed I can get the wherry on that I bought back in July.

Cheers for the reminder, just popping out to the garage.:-D

These bottle caps can't get here quick enough! Got 2 5 gal FVs to bottle, been ready for a week. I'm itching to get another brew on. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back