Homebrewing - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called in to Wilko's on my way home yesterday. Picked up a hoppy bitter, a mexican cerveza, strawberry wine kit, light spraymalt, medium spraymalt, couple of airlocks, 2 bags of brewing sugar (freebies) and some crown bottle caps. I now have 7 kits to put on! Need to get to Wickes for the shelving and some insulation.

Influenced (or led astray) by this thread my splurge at Wilko's was canny similar. Cerveza, hoppy bitter, Wherry, light spray malt, medium spray malt, free sugar, crown caps and airlocks.

I only went for a toilet brush, which I duly forgot to purchase

Influenced (or led astray) by this thread my splurge at Wilko's was canny similar. Cerveza, hoppy bitter, Wherry, light spray malt, medium spray malt, free sugar, crown caps and airlocks.

I only went for a toilet brush, which I duly forgot to purchase

Are the Cerveza and Hoppy Bitter Wilko's ones?

I always do that, come out the shop with everything but the one thing I actually went for.

Yeah the Wilko ones. Was really impressed with the way the cerveza turned out being the the first beer kit I'd had a bash at. Got the bitter because it had been talked about on here this week and another Wherry kit to see how it turns out with extra spray malt.

Got to go back for a toilet brush next week;)

Night off the homebrew tonight. Guts are like a washing machine. :-(

Divint worry marra, your boyfriend will be round to give you a cuddle later on! :p

I have just tried a Ruby Red after 3ltrs of Cerveza. It is really good like but not a million miles away from Wherry. So a class pint and lush but nowt we arent used to being experienced homebrewers/alchies.

God bless homebrew!

Popped into Wilko's after a breakfast in the town. Came out with a velvet stout and golden lager kit complete with free sugar. Nine kits to put on now!:-D

My wilkos cerveza is dark a lot darker than normal lager, guess it down to the wilkos brewing enhancer i used.

Gerrin, test bottle of Dasher the flasher is good, well carbonated, should be great by Christmas.

Malic acid ciders bottled today, unbelievably clear, lovely taste, cranberry versions to put on tomorrow. Only downside I'm out of bottles :(

Oh and 30 bottle pinot grigio started today.

Popped into Wilko's after a breakfast in the town. Came out with a velvet stout and golden lager kit complete with free sugar. Nine kits to put on now!:-D

I flipping love the wilkos stout, make it with 1kg of brew enhancer and 500g demerra sugar and you won't be sorry!

I flipping love the wilkos stout, make it with 1kg of brew enhancer and 500g demerra sugar and you won't be sorry!

Was going to do it with 1kg of brewing sugar and 500g of dark spraymalt. Don't like the stuff myself but am putting it on for when Hauser calls round.

What you moving on to?

I've still got fruits of the forest (9 litres) and golden lager (11 litres). 80 pints of newkie brown and pilsner conditioning and 40 pints of copper hoppy bitter in the fv.

Starting a coopers stout during the week.

I got unbelievably drunk on the friuts of the forest on Thursday night, fell over and split the bridge of my nose on a coffee table! :oops:
It's lethal stuff

I've still got fruits of the forest (9 litres) and golden lager (11 litres). 80 pints of newkie brown and pilsner conditioning and 40 pints of copper hoppy bitter in the fv.

Starting a coopers stout during the week.

I got unbelievably drunk on the friuts of the forest on Thursday night, fell over and split the bridge of my nose on a coffee table! :oops:
It's lethal stuff

Just drinking a pint of it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back