Homebrewing - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Homebrewing

Hoy one of the cheap generic wilkos kits on. The sooner we know what they are like the better, I've gone for the wilkos brown ale.

Had the Wilkos pale golden lager bottled since Thursday and it's looking quite clear already, was left in the FV for an extra week, how is the brown ale coming along. Will be buying that in the near future.

Had the Wilkos pale golden lager bottled since Thursday and it's looking quite clear already, was left in the FV for an extra week, how is the brown ale coming along. Will be buying that in the near future.

It smells like brown ale and is fermenting very well, time will tell though but looks promising.

Put the finings in my rose earlier and started my 30 bottles of Sauvignon blanc.
If it's anything like the Chardonnay last week it'll be cracking.

Just normal sugar, only had one brewing sugar and put that in the stout.

Feck me that was quick! :lol:

Cheers, might give it a blast with brewing sugar but everytime i say im gonna brew something i go to wilkos spend ages looking and buy something different.

I made my first lager brew about 6 weeks ago, had a couple bottles about 3 weeks ago (couldn't wait). Had a slight after taste but was suprisingly nice. Went on holiday and and i've had a about four more bottles now and its just a nice lager with no aftertaste.

Very happy, set two more off on Sunday:)

I made my first lager brew about 6 weeks ago, had a couple bottles about 3 weeks ago (couldn't wait). Had a slight after taste but was suprisingly nice. Went on holiday and and i've had a about four more bottles now and its just a nice lager with no aftertaste.

Very happy, set two more off on Sunday:)

Champion, was it the Young's kit which comes with the Brew Buddy?
Also was it normal sugar or brewing sugar?
Loving seeing loads of people having successes :cool:

Champion, was it the Young's kit which comes with the Brew Buddy?
Also was it normal sugar or brewing sugar?
Loving seeing loads of people having successes :cool:

Yer it was the youngs kit, I used normal sugar for fermenting and bottling.

I've got the same youngs kit on now as the starter kit was on again for £7 so i've set the next two off with brewing sugar. I will see if the brewing sugar makes much of a difference.

One good thing about getting my first batch out of the way is I don't feel the need to keep lifting the lid to see how its going. I checked I could see a ring of scum from the outside the day after and that left me confident enough it is working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back