Holy Smokes takeaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm buckled reading the Tazz Tansey thing on his/my(?) facebook page :lol:

Reet, so can someone clear up - if they've got nowt to do with each other, why have the restaurant and delivery place both got the same name? Is the restaurant being relaunched as something else?

Do takeaway drivers really only earn £5 per hour plus delivery fees? Gonna have to do a huge amount of deliveries to earn anything decent by the time you account for fuel, wear and tear on car etc.

Do takeaway drivers really only earn £5 per hour plus delivery fees? Gonna have to do a huge amount of deliveries to earn anything decent by the time you account for fuel, wear and tear on car etc.
The way I read it he was paying more than the going rate because he was desperate.

Looks like I dodged a bullet, as we were going to order one of these last night

I'm not a great lover of takeaways, but Holy Smokes is probably the only place (bar chippies) where the chips were fairly decent.

That said, last week we popped into the shop to order, as we were out & about, and passed that way.
The wifey who takes the orders was at the computer ages before taking our order. We were there in person, she should've dealt with us, then gone back to the online ones after. Whilst waiting, there was another young lass standing about doing not much whilst playing with her tits, who also could've easily taken our order.
Service not great like.

Looks like I dodged a bullet, as we were going to order one of these last night

I'm not a great lover of takeaways, but Holy Smokes is probably the only place (bar chippies) where the chips were fairly decent.

That said, last week we popped into the shop to order, as we were out & about, and passed that way.
The wifey who takes the orders was at the computer ages before taking our order. We were there in person, she should've dealt with us, then gone back to the online ones after. Whilst waiting, there was another young lass standing about doing not much whilst playing with her tits, who also could've easily taken our order.
Service not great like.
Sounds like a great service to me.:)

We got one of those sharing platter things as takeaway last night and it was poor. No issues with delivery - ours came within an hour but the quality was poor. Flavourless and dry meat and undercooked chips. Shame as the one other time we got takeaway from there (burgers and chips) and it was really good. Think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the problems they had last night caused the quality issues.
Who you use marra,,, Just Eat or Hungry House? ..............or direct?

Bloke who owns it goes on like an absolute balloon knot. Few weeks ago he was on one of those Sunderland food groups raging about some cake delivery then lo and behold he has a rival cake place. Suspicious amount of good reviews are from people in his friends list anarl

I'm buckled reading the Tazz Tansey thing on his/my(?) facebook page :lol:

Reet, so can someone clear up - if they've got nowt to do with each other, why have the restaurant and delivery place both got the same name? Is the restaurant being relaunched as something else?

They use to be the same company, the takeaway started doing shit so it shut. Someone then bought it, kept the same idea but has nothing to do with holy smokes. Holy smokes are rebranding so the takeaway is keeping it's name.

They use to be the same company, the takeaway started doing shit so it shut. Someone then bought it, kept the same idea but has nothing to do with holy smokes. Holy smokes are rebranding so the takeaway is keeping it's name.
Bizarre. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back