Holy Smokes takeaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shite immature bait for bairns. Rather jump on a metro and gan to Longhorns in Newcastle.

According to Facebook they had a mare last night. New owners as of a week ago too?

We got one of those sharing platter things as takeaway last night and it was poor. No issues with delivery - ours came within an hour but the quality was poor. Flavourless and dry meat and undercooked chips. Shame as the one other time we got takeaway from there (burgers and chips) and it was really good. Think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the problems they had last night caused the quality issues.

The actual restaurant is lovely imo

They just need to shut the takeaway shop and just do collections from the restaurant.

They have nout to do with holy smokes anymore, they are completely separate now. Either way they'll be keeping the holy smokes name and the restaurant is rebranding and moving premises in the next couple weeks. They did seem to have a mare last night but the bloke did explain what happened.

Firstly a would like to apologise to anyone who did order from my takeaway "holy smokes" yesterday, as I said direct from the page that we had some driver issues ( 2 phoned in sick ) anyhow I wrote on the page explaining to people what actually happened, and took responsibility because it's not the customers fault that drivers took sick...

A little breakdown of what happened with screenshots to prove this... 2 drivers phoned in sick, just eat went live 1 hour before opening, flooding us with about 12/13 orders before we had even opened, I took my restaurant offline even though it shouldn't of been open at 17:24 ( screenshot below to prove this ) it then went live again, so I took it off line again and shock it went live again ( screenshot below ) I then rang up and after another few orders was taken offline for about 45mins to try and rectify the early orders... just eat then went live again, and we were flooded once again, we had sent the drivers who had turned in out on deliveries and now where atleast 1/2 hours behind because by the time the drivers get back from the early orders the orders which where placed after we actually opened could not be sent on time!!

I then posted a status from my personal account asking for experienced delivery drivers and offered £5 an hour and £2 delivery charge, this is a lot more than most takeaways but I wanted the food out on time as to keep my good reputation for fast and hot food I have received over the last 2 weeks since buying the takeaway... ( screenshot below ) with it been bonfire night as most will agree a lot of people already had plans and applied for the job but could not start till tomorrow so I done the next best thing I could think of and that's went out on deliveries myself...

Now even with me on deliveries I still could not help catch up the back log we had received from the first just eat orders...

I can honestly say that I tried my best and so did all my delivery drivers and I take responsibility, I gave refunds, i gave free food and I rang as many customers as possible to apologise and replied to as many as I could...

I have spoke to a few friends who own takeaways etc etc and they have said yeah it happens etc etc and told me not to write an apology but I felt obliged to because I know myself that there is nothing worse than receiving cold or late food.

Up until last night my takeaway was receiving 6 star ratings for the food and delivery times. ( screenshots below )

I have seen a few comments saying that I am lying and trying to just shift the blame onto just eat and not taking responsibility etc etc but that is far from the truth, I have and I am taking responsibility, but one the main reasons of posting this and the screenshots is to prove that never once in anything I've wrote have I lied the times can't lie...

I understand a lot of people read reviews and take them into account, but let's take into account we all everyone of us have our good days and our bad days and Saturday was a bad one, and a can honestly say there's no one as guttered as I am that it didn't go to plan and I am trying my hardest to rectify the situation.

Not everyone who reads this is going to agree, not everyone who reads this is going to understand, but these are the facts and all I can do is apologise again to anyone who did order through just eat and experienced a delay... but it was never going to run smoothly when you're takeaway opens at 6 and just eat is taking orders 5 hours before anyone is even in the building ( screenshot below )

I have not wrote this to argue with anyone I have not wrote this to try and justify late deliveries etc etc more to apologise and to show me taking responsibility and the fact that I am definitely not lying or just making invalid excuses like some people insinuated

Thanks.

They have nout to do with holy smokes anymore, they are completely separate now. Either way they'll be keeping the holy smokes name and the restaurant is rebranding and moving premises in the next couple weeks. They did seem to have a mare last night but the bloke did explain what happened.
That seems fair enough by the bloke who wrote that.

So Holy Smokes won't be Holy Smokes but the takeaway, which isn't Holy Smokes now, will be?

It's like the bloody Sugababes.

Weird that both Longhorns and Holy Smokes are moving premises not long after fairly major refits like.

So Holy Smokes won't be Holy Smokes but the takeaway, which isn't Holy Smokes now, will be?

It's like the bloody Sugababes.

Weird that both Longhorns and Holy Smokes are moving premises not long after fairly major refits like.

Heard a rumour that it's the conservatory that they are moving to.

Had a few good takes aways when they first started doing deliveries, had one shite one which put me off a while, tried it again last Saturday and was even worse.

Last time me and the mrs ordered from here it took 2.5hours for the food to be delivered, got told when i rang multiple times it was out with the driver.

The meat was dry and had no flavour, and worst part was I found a foreign object in my sausage (chunk of plastic)

refuse to use it on principle now he owns it, nowt against him but hes always making a prick of himself around the town in his white range rover, seems not to care for the rules of the road.
Mind if that is the case I have no time for people like this and would refuse to give my business on principle on not making such people gain from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back