Holidays in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

This. Shithole.

Remember going to San Diego and then onto Palm Springs and we had a day in rosarita and somewhere else. Went through Tijuana on the bus and dropped a few people off. f***ing hell what an eye opener

At rosarita we went into a bar and order two rounds of drinks and you could tell he thought he was ripping us off by charging summit like £4 for the 4 drinks. He shut the shop up for the day after we left.

Beggars on the streets and then in the way back people lining up to get across the wall they have there

Shithole country. No thanks.
Been to Tulum and Cancun recently (5 times in all for holidays), one of my favourite countries, perfect weather, friendly people, great food and booze, fabulous beaches.
Plenty of dodgy fuckers if you get off the beaten track, but that's like most places

I flew with American airlines via the US and we didn't that to pay any tourist taxes at all
In June I’m going to Cozumel. It will be my nineteenth time and I’ve never paid a dime in airport tax. They must just be suckering Brits / EU people.

This. Shithole.

Remember going to San Diego and then onto Palm Springs and we had a day in rosarita and somewhere else. Went through Tijuana on the bus and dropped a few people off. f***ing hell what an eye opener

At rosarita we went into a bar and order two rounds of drinks and you could tell he thought he was ripping us off by charging summit like £4 for the 4 drinks. He shut the shop up for the day after we left.

Beggars on the streets and then in the way back people lining up to get across the wall they have there

Shithole country. No thanks.
Haha what a f***ing laughable bigoted pathetic post. If someone has spent any length of time in Mexico and didn’t like it - fair play it’s horses for courses, but writing off an entire country of millions of people, vast contrasts, and deep culture and history as a shithole based upon an afternoon crossing to a dodgy border town is hilarious. And typical of a blinkered know-nowt gobshite. f***ing hell man, please tell me you were pissed when you typed that so you can at least try to claw back a shred of dignity. I bet you’re the sort who likes to slag off loud mouthed yanks coming to Britain and slagging off all the ‘boring old stuff’.

Last edited:
Off to Mexico shortly (look at me, pathetic etc etc....)

Spoke to someone who came back recently and they had to pay a £50 "tax" in the airport to leave the country

Someone else had also been and said that they didnt have to pay it

Any one any idea what the craic is?

Where you staying mate?

We flew with Thomas Cook last year and the airport tax was included, stayed at the Catalonia Riviera Maya, absolutely loved it.

Going again in October, this time flying with TUI and a bit unclear whether we have the airport tax to pay or not as they're changing it from May 1st, but we will set it aside anyway. Staying at the Grand Sirenis this time, bit closer to Tulum. Absolutely cant wait.

You are aware of the resort tax paid locally to the hotel? It's cheap like but still needs to be budgeted for.

Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back