Holidays 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this year but going away Jan thinking about NY as my partner hasn't been yet.

Either that or train it round Belgium/ Netherlands, cant decide.

Not this year but going away Jan thinking about NY as my partner hasn't been yet.

Either that or train it round Belgium/ Netherlands, cant decide.
Just got back. Missing it already. Desperately hoping the new contacts I made bite and want some work doing so I can go back again before next October.

What Phuket like, done koh sumai in June and looking at possibly krabi or Phuket next April. Me and our lass (you wish)

Phuket is big island with a lot of different areas but most people associate it with Patong which is fine for a day or two but I wouldn't want to stay there longer. The other nearby beaches (Kamala, Karon, Kata) are quieter. I really like Krabi (Ao Nang beach) as it has the right balance or me of not too buy but not too dead. Both Phuket and Krabi are good bases for exploring the islands.

I used to like Samui 10-15 years ago but it's got a little too developed now. Still has the nicest airport in the world though

Phuket is big island with a lot of different areas but most people associate it with Patong which is fine for a day or two but I wouldn't want to stay there longer. The other nearby beaches (Kamala, Karon, Kata) are quieter. I really like Krabi (Ao Nang beach) as it has the right balance or me of not too buy but not too dead. Both Phuket and Krabi are good bases for exploring the islands.

I used to like Samui 10-15 years ago but it's got a little too developed now. Still has the nicest airport in the world though
Cheers. Aye topper little airport

You'll have to post about Belfast. Thinking of taking her in doors in December

I did a weekend in Belfast in March this year. First time I had been there in over 20 years and the difference was incredible. Much prefer it to Dublin as it's cheaper and not so crawling with tourists.

Only one more holiday of 2023 to go. Going to Malaga for a few days over Christmas for a bit of sunshine.

Started to think about 2024 already but that needs another thread...

Prague with the UK boys in a fortnight

Budapest with the missus for the Xmas markets in Dec

Skiing booked for kids half-term in Feb

Corfu booked for next august

Prague with the UK boys in a fortnight

Budapest with the missus for the Xmas markets in Dec

Skiing booked for kids half-term in Feb

Corfu booked for next august
Was half thinking Budapest december myself , but unsure if be stupidly Baltic temps ?
Waste time lads jolly Prague 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back