Holidaying abroad this year

We flew from. Istanbul to Manchester this morning. 45 mins from getting off the plane, bag pick up and passport control till I got my nicotine fix .no crowds at all terminal 2

trick i used during the pandemic was keeping an eye on departures via flightradar app.

A few weeks out it gives you an idea of any cancellations, delays, or even if the airline looks like its changed its schedule

At Newcastle airport, flight delayed 2 hours so far, the conveyor belt broke so we’ll be lucky to see our bags at the other end, the check in queue stretched from one end of the airport to the other. Second time this week the conveyor belt stopped working according to Jet2

At Newcastle airport, flight delayed 2 hours so far, the conveyor belt broke so we’ll be lucky to see our bags at the other end, the check in queue stretched from one end of the airport to the other. Second time this week the conveyor belt stopped working according to Jet2
It 'stopped' when we returned a couple of weeks ago

Travelling was great, had jabs x3, back from Benidorm with my first positive covid test. Busy resort, bus, airport. 191 seats on my plane and was full. Still loads of covid. I can live with it. Think we kind of have to get on with it.
No problems Ponteland, extra checks in the terminal Alicante seemed a bit weird, like they take 4 times to decide if you’re a wrong un

Travelling was great, had jabs x3, back from Benidorm with my first positive covid test. Busy resort, bus, airport. 191 seats on my plane and was full. Still loads of covid. I can live with it. Think we kind of have to get on with it.
No problems Ponteland, extra checks in the terminal Alicante seemed a bit weird, like they take 4 times to decide if you’re a wrong un

Apologies mate didn’t mean to reply to you.

In Manchester T3 as we speak. We arrived at 0315 for a 0635 flight and people were already queuing for bag drop & security. Security didn’t open till 4 but we got through fairly quick.

T3 has just been refurbed but it’s still nowhere near 1 & 2. Only 1 real restaurant so queue was massive. We luckily realised Costa was about to open so we queued at the entrance.

I've got my eyes on Krakow mid august and then mid oct.

Gdansk end of August.

Confident I'll get all for under 200 quid return. Really want 150 quid return.

We were supposed to go to Krakow today but jet2 cancelled because of the amount of displaced Ukrainians and not wanting pissed up Brits rubbing it in. Some airlines are still running flights but I agree with the decision like. In Milan instead.

Flew into Manchester yesterday and it was possibly the best experience I've ever had there. Through immigration in about 5 mins, bags were the first ones on the conveyor belt, and into the car about 10 mins after leaving the plane.

See easyJet have announced they're cutting more flights over the next couple of months. They're playing a bit a dangerous game as nobody will book with them.

Flew to Sardinia with them and had no bother. Lucky ones it seems.

Ryanair all the way for our trips to Poland now.
I've just booked a long weekend for me and the Mrs for August bank holiday to Mojorca and flying with them. It looks most of the cancelled flights will be Gatwick and Schipol.

Wouldnt use Easyjet again after the way they messed me us about earlier in the year - Ryanair all the way
They're going to be on sticky wicket soon. People simply won't book with them as they won't trust them. However, prices are what attracts most folk. Mind my sister had a 4 and half hour delay with Ryanair a couple of weeks ago from Leeds Bradford. They were blaming lack of staff at Malaga airport.

Back