Holidaying abroad this year

Arrived back into Manchester T1 from Kefalonia this afternoon. Kefalonia airport was not designed for the number of passengers which were leaving today. Nowhere near enough seats and a massive queue for the one place to get a drink with one person serving and another acting as barista.

From landing to exiting the terminal building in Manchester took about 30 minutes in total. We had fast track for security but it made little difference as there was virtually no queue at the normal lanes.

Arrived back into Manchester T1 from Kefalonia this afternoon. Kefalonia airport was not designed for the number of passengers which were leaving today. Nowhere near enough seats and a massive queue for the one place to get a drink with one person serving and another acting as barista.

From landing to exiting the terminal building in Manchester took about 30 minutes in total. We had fast track for security but it made little difference as there was virtually no queue at the normal lanes.
Kefalonia same as manchester T2 the other day

Just back today from a week in Spain. We went with Jet2 from Newcastle and no problems on way out. We were told to show our vaccinations confirmation at Malaga but we were waved through by a bloke who was too busy talking to a colleague.
Today we were only 20 minutes late leaving Malaga but made time up and waited 30 minutes for the bags to come through but 3 planes landed in a short time. All in all, no great problems.

We saw dozens of beggars out there, several who shuffled around with walking sticks and asked for money by thrusting plastic cups at people. We saw some of them on their mobile phones later.

They usually try to wriggle out of paying compo.

There are various 'acts of god' but usually it's the airlines fault. Do some digging online.
@Swindon Mackem did some digging and they can get out of it as they are blaming lack of staff at Bristol. Turned into a 4 hour delay and we had to check into the airport before the plane had even left Bristol to pick us up!

@Swindon Mackem did some digging and they can get out of it as they are blaming lack of staff at Bristol. Turned into a 4 hour delay and we had to check into the airport before the plane had even left Bristol to pick us up!
The excuses they use is mental but still worth claiming mind - me and the boy got just shy of 600 euro back when easyJet cancelled our flight last min. The wife's got 2 claims in from last week, flight was cancelled last min then alternative she was booked on was delayed 4 hours then cancelled 😂😂

I’m not one to moan as you know….but the selection of beers in the supermarkets is terrible at the minute. I’m ok with the Spanish lager etc but I’ll get bored of it soon and the mrs is keen on fruity ciders. They used to have loads of these when we were last here in 2018.
Stop moaning man. You could be stuck on a freezing weekend in Birmingham!
Get on the Estrella Galicia, keep off the Estrella Damm.
Local Mallorcan hoppy lager Cerveza Rosa is nice too and in all the supermarkets

They usually try to wriggle out of paying compo.

There are various 'acts of god' but usually it's the airlines fault. Do some digging online.

BA tried that. Our flight from Reykjavik from Heathrow was delayed due to bad weather, so we missed the connecting flight to Newcastle and were put on a flight up here the following morning. Got up and found they'd had a massive IT failure and all flights were cancelled so we ended up getting the train home.

They initially refused compensation and blamed the weather as an act of God, but I argued that the cancellation of the Newcastle flight wasn't weather related and it was their fault, so they paid out.

If it’s due to ‘operational issues’ then they shouldn’t be able to. Her screen shots of the flight info from Flightradar24 in prep to challenge this. It’ll tell you where the plane has been - history etc, departure time and all that. If they still refuse to pay out you can take it to the ombudsman. The CAA flight delay site gives all the info.

Anyone been to Portugal recently?

Did you have to show any certificate to enter?
You can show them any old shite.

We just edited the dates on old PDFs for our pre departure tests and never bothered with the day 2 PCR. Never got caught once, all a money making scam from Randox and the likes.

FYI, we always did a lateral flow before boarding and wouldn't have boarded if positive.

There’s certainly problems, but I reckon there's a lot of media scaremongering going on. GMTV in full tilt.
Prior to Covid, I'd never really noticed or paid much attention, but the last two and a half years have really opened my eyes as to how bad our Media really are.

In my opinion, they have made a massive debilitating contribution to the mental state of a hell of a lot of people in this country.

Back