Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
due to fly to Turkey 7/7, jet2 saying flights will go ahead, yet gov.com saying current advice remains, no travel unless urgent/necessary.
Surely they will have to cancel mine?
Got a month yet and anything can change is the way they’ll look at it.

Be a shite holiday if you have to go but they’ll have to draw a line somewhere I guess.

AirFrance were great in getting a voucher yesterday I must say.

Ryanair been telling me a year for a refund

Teletext saying they have my hotel money but waiting on Ryanair to refund them before paying our earliest will be October 31st

rang me bank today took hour to get though they got me a refund in under 10 minutes once though
Have you managed to speak to anyone at Ryan air? I only got a message on twitter to say added to refund queue.

Was it your bank or credit card provider who got money back?

Have you managed to speak to anyone at Ryan air? I only got a message on twitter to say added to refund queue.

Was it your bank or credit card provider who got money back?

Yes spoke to them 4 times mate call centre based in India totally useless spend half hour get though then just give you awnser that’s waste of time they a total joke

it was me bank mate I payed debit card I’m amazed at how easy i got it back

Still no cash or voucher from TUI, the wankers. They have given me 3 dates, the last of which is today (4 weeks after my departure date). After over half an hour waiting I got through this morning and they are saying it's something to with PayPal. I have requested a refund off PayPal today.

Still no cash or voucher from TUI, the wankers. They have given me 3 dates, the last of which is today (4 weeks after my departure date). After over half an hour waiting I got through this morning and they are saying it's something to with PayPal. I have requested a refund off PayPal today.
When I contacted PayPal about the small amount of money which I was due from RyanAir I received a refund within about 3 weeks. This was despite RyanAir lying and saying that they had sent me a voucher for the money owed.

When I contacted PayPal about the small amount of money which I was due from RyanAir I received a refund within about 3 weeks. This was despite RyanAir lying and saying that they had sent me a voucher for the money owed.

In hindsight I should have requested a refund off PayPal a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I trusted TUI.

In hindsight I should have requested a refund off PayPal a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I trusted TUI.
I'm sure that PayPal will sort it for you as they've been superb on the couple of occasions when I have requested refunds. I use them whenever possible due to this aspect of their service.

I'm sure that PayPal will sort it for you as they've been superb on the couple of occasions when I have requested refunds. I use them whenever possible due to this aspect of their service.

PayPal are very much on the side of the buyer. I will get the cash but TUI have been hopeless. They are very hard to contact and tell blatant lies.

Mine was cancelled flying out 15th June and I've already received the credit note with zero hassling them.

However I now want to use that credit note to pay towards an existing booking for November which you cant do online, I waited 40mins to speak to someone today who then told me I needed to ring someone else, gave me a number... the number was exactly what I had already rang! Still no further forward, gave up for today.

Anyone dealt with Lufthansa? Was supposed to be going to munich in july for euro qf. I have took vouchers off them then realised last date of travel is 31.12.20 which is nee good as I wanted replacement flight to euro next year. Would i get refund at that date or am i fkd? Lufthansa are a nightmare to deal with or contact.

Anyone dealt with Lufthansa? Was supposed to be going to munich in july for euro qf. I have took vouchers off them then realised last date of travel is 31.12.20 which is nee good as I wanted replacement flight to euro next year. Would i get refund at that date or am i fkd? Lufthansa are a nightmare to deal with or contact.

Yes. First of all your mistake was accepting vouchers as they now hold all the cards (and your cash)

Your luck is in though as you can now rebook on flights up until December 31st 2021

That must have changed today as read it yesterday. Just checked, you have to rebook by day of original travel. Cheers! Just need confirmation of euro 2021 fixtures.

Over 11 weeks for British Airways to give a refund. Impossible to speak to them, they just hang up. Total disgrace.
I also have a travel insurance claim with Nationwide , 8 weeks on, nothing happening.

Got my refund voucher from Tui yesterday, 1 week after they cancelled my flight due to depart on June the 13th. Applied for a cash refund straight away online, we’ll See what happens next i guess, they say up to 4 weeks. Will believe it when my cash lands.

Yes. First of all your mistake was accepting vouchers as they now hold all the cards (and your cash)

Your luck is in though as you can now rebook on flights up until December 31st 2021

Have you managed to get a refund from Lufthansa?
We had flights in mid April cancelled by them , I phoned for a refund and was told 30 days . Still nothing six weeks later .

Have you managed to get a refund from Lufthansa?
We had flights in mid April cancelled by them , I phoned for a refund and was told 30 days . Still nothing six weeks later .

I had flights with them in April too. Took the voucher as we're still going to go at a later date. The voucher also includes a €50 bonus if we book before the end of August for travel up to the end of January 2021.

I've also just had my outbound flight from NCL-MUC in July cancelled. My return flight is still on according to their website but if you try to make a new booking on the same dates the flights are via DUS. There's an option for a refund but its only for the outbound flight. Going to wait a few days and see if they'll offer a refund when they officially cancel my return flight. Not bothered if they don't as I'll just take the voucher and book up for next year sometime.

Only major problem would be if they cancel the NCL route altogether because of Covid-19.

I had flights with them in April too. Took the voucher as we're still going to go at a later date. The voucher also includes a €50 bonus if we book before the end of August for travel up to the end of January 2021.

I've also just had my outbound flight from NCL-MUC in July cancelled. My return flight is still on according to their website but if you try to make a new booking on the same dates the flights are via DUS. There's an option for a refund but its only for the outbound flight. Going to wait a few days and see if they'll offer a refund when they officially cancel my return flight. Not bothered if they don't as I'll just take the voucher and book up for next year sometime.

Only major problem would be if they cancel the NCL route altogether because of Covid-19.

This is why I opted for the refund

due to fly to Turkey 7/7, jet2 saying flights will go ahead, yet gov.com saying current advice remains, no travel unless urgent/necessary.
Surely they will have to cancel mine?
Think most July n August flights in the same boat mate , in hands of govt advice , if govt advice relaxes then you then have to decide yourself , lose your money or go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back