Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
As long as you paid some of it with CC you can claim the whole lot back. Even if you just paid 1p with the CC!
Try telling Virgin Credit card that. I rang them 2 weeks ago and explained I had a holiday with Virgin Holidays cancelled and couldn’t get an answer out of them re a refund.

Long story short they sent the charge back forms through instead of claim for a section 75. Rang the contact centre and of the course of an hour long argument I was effectively told section 75 doesn’t exist and I couldn’t claim the full amount. Eventually they acknowledge it did exists but tried to palm me off saying I had to wait 90 days for virgin to refund me - the laws 14 days.

So now the French government have confirmed that anyone arriving from the UK must self isolate for 14 days can I reclaim for the second and third hotels we booked of our travelling trip which we paid for by credit card? On the grounds that we aren't allowed by law to leave isolation to get to them?

I'm meant to be going to Seoul on the 27th of July and then Tokyo on the 31st till the 6th of August

BA have offered a voucher for the first leg but I've heard nothing else.

Can i claim on travel insurance that I dont want to go?
No. If they've offered a voucher the insurance won't pay, the twats.

TUi are still f***ing about with Refunds..Promised one within 5 days but nothing...Managed to get through after an hour and spoke with another bloke who said it would be 4/6 weeks..I asked if the lad last week had told me lies but as with most morons just kept saying 4/6 weeks.. County Court tomorrow it is then.

Ryanair are rubbing salt in the wound again. After a couple of weeks of promotional spam to try and get me to book a flight to Spain, they’re now filling my inbox with offers to fly to Italy. Still waiting for the cancelled flight refund from March.

TUi are still f***ing about with Refunds..Promised one within 5 days but nothing...Managed to get through after an hour and spoke with another bloke who said it would be 4/6 weeks..I asked if the lad last week had told me lies but as with most morons just kept saying 4/6 weeks.. County Court tomorrow it is then.
Got my refunded money back from TUI no bother.
Waited 4 days for it.
Mind you I waited over an hour and a half on hold on the phone to speak to someone.

Still waiting for refund from Lufthansa for flights they cancelled mid April and from Novotel for the hotel they cancelled for the same trip . Been told up to 90 days for Novotel.
In contrast Premier Inn amended all bookings to allow cancellation without charge and refunded me within a couple of days when I cancelled a stay in June .

Got through straight away with Tui, seem to have contracted out to South Africa
I had to ring twice and both times i spoke to a persons with south African accent, lad and a lass

Ryanair been telling me a year for a refund

Teletext saying they have my hotel money but waiting on Ryanair to refund them before paying our earliest will be October 31st

rang me bank today took hour to get though they got me a refund in under 10 minutes once though

So now the French government have confirmed that anyone arriving from the UK must self isolate for 14 days can I reclaim for the second and third hotels we booked of our travelling trip which we paid for by credit card? On the grounds that we aren't allowed by law to leave isolation to get to them?
The hotels aren’t failing to provide a service, so I’d guess not?

due to fly to Turkey 7/7, jet2 saying flights will go ahead, yet gov.com saying current advice remains, no travel unless urgent/necessary.
Surely they will have to cancel mine?

Back