HMS Queen Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

May this year.
Sorry just what I`d read on wikipedia about it Joe

The ship was floated out of dry dock on the morning of 17 July 2014.[29] Fitting out was completed at the end of 2015 and the crew moved aboard in May 2016. On 24 May 2016, Commodore Jeremy Kyd assumed command of the ship from Captain Simon Petitt

I know thered be a lot to do to get it ready and weapons and flight control systems training etc but i thought a year seemed long

Could you not just put a holiday in like anyone else with shred of self respect would?

No firm date for arrival and holidays are pretty much fully booked up. I will if there's one available like. Only one day off sick in four years for me. :cool:

Anyhow, how can a bloke who chucks his Cowies at other blokes lecture on self respect?

If you're talking about the name they've never followed on with the same ship name from one class of carrier to the next before. There was gonna be a QE Class of aircraft carrier in the sixties but it was cancelled as part of the 1966 defence review.

This is only the fourth aircraft carrier that's been laid down and completed for the RN in over 70 years like.
I worked on two of those. Ark Royal and Illustrious at Swan Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back