HMS Queen Elizabeth

No firm date for arrival and holidays are pretty much fully booked up. I will if there's one available like. Only one day off sick in four years for me. :cool:

Anyhow, how can a bloke who chucks his Cowies at other blokes lecture on self respect?
:lol::lol: FFS don't stoop that low. You have infinitely more self-respect than that stupid knacker!

Cheers mate. Just on this thread it's been described as from a white elephant to a waste of money!

Probably not been handled the best PR wise,

A cynic would say we've managed ok for the last few years without a carrier but the Yanks would be fed up if they were the only ones providing them all the time. Only other NATO country with one is France I think.

A cynic would say we've managed ok for the last few years without a carrier but the Yanks would be fed up if they were the only ones providing them all the time. Only other NATO country with one is France I think.
So will the other one come into service?

Weren't we rumoured to be sharing carriers with the Frogs at one stage?

How does that work? Frogs fly them Mon-Wed and we have Thu-Sat with Sundays off for maintenance?

I think it was the French defence minister who floated the idea. When their single carrier is in dock they can put their Rafale jets on our ship. The only spanner in the works was their jets need a catapult and an arrestor for take-off and landing which our ships don't have.

No it doesn't, the same shite lies that come out about trident. Journalists going on about something they've got no idea about.

They use a BAE designed system named Shared Infrastructure.

What's this? Just wondering where you've heard that.

Back