Hills - what’s the point?

Keep coming into proper East Yorks , we have very few apart from Garrowby hill but its a lovely hill

The Wolds are nice but Ull could do with an ill or two....too many level crossings

Well the sound of music would be fucked for starters….
‘The flat ground is alive with the sound of musiiiic’

Kate Bush
‘Keep running across that flat’

Benny Flat….

Flat street Blues…

You haven’t thought this through man…

Hill, particularly big bloody bastard, hard to get up hills, give you perspective on your place in the world. They make you realise how small and insignificant you are, while at the same time affirming your very existence and oneness with the earth. Hills rule.
Very profound for 8am!!

The Wolds are nice but Ull could do with an ill or two....too many level crossings
Took my driving test in Hull. Yes, it is as flat as a witches tit.
Had to do my "hill start" on a bridge over the railway, so not too difficult.
But, on return my return to the South Wales valleys, completely fecked up the family car by stalling on the steep hills.
Northumberland Coast is beautiful, but could do with some undulating hills to make it even better ?

Took my driving test in Hull. Yes, it is as flat as a witches tit.
Had to do my "hill start" on a bridge over the railway, so not too difficult.
But, on return my return to the South Wales valleys, completely fecked up the family car by stalling on the steep hills.
Northumberland Coast is beautiful, but could do with some undulating hills to make it even better ?

I used to work with someone from Spalding, who learned to drive there. She said she had to drive miles on her lessons to learn hill starts.

Hills dont have points, mountains, Craggs have points, pikes have points, Tors have points. Hills are rounded. Hope this helps with your geographical ignorance.

Last edited:
You wouldn't be able to see Penshaw Monument from the A19 if it wasn't atop a big hill.

You might not realise you're home and forget to turn off, next thing you know you're in Scotland, and nobody wants that really do they.
Is penshaw hill a big hill or just a prominent one?

Key question.

Imo, prominent. Them Greeks who visited knew what they were doing picking that hill as it's so visible for so many miles but it's not a git big one

I hate hills. You walk all the way up only to have to come all the way down. Hills are are a complete waste of time and energy.

The Dutch have got his sussed. I’ve been to the Netherlands and it was great.

Today I was in North Yorkshire and there was loads of stupid pointless hills.

Down with hills!

Back