Hills - what’s the point?

Big Jeff

Winger
I hate hills. You walk all the way up only to have to come all the way down. Hills are are a complete waste of time and energy.

The Dutch have got his sussed. I’ve been to the Netherlands and it was great.

Today I was in North Yorkshire and there was loads of stupid pointless hills.

I hate hills. You walk all the way up only to have to come all the way down. Hills are are a complete waste of time and energy.

You're right. I went for a walk in the southern part of the Netherlands the other day. Wasn't expecting to encounter hills, I was absolutely knackered.

The time of this post gives the game away.

Humans seek shelter in protected places
Hills offer that
Water wouldn't run around to use without hills
Hills offer a viewpoint and protection from invaders
A way to communicate from long distances
Those flat American towns you see in the films ,long road with 50 buildings around it look bleak .imagine existing there
Plus it was a great shop

Last edited:

Keep coming into proper East Yorks , we have very few apart from Garrowby hill but its a lovely hill

When the world starts flooding due to global warming, you'll not be saying the Netherlands is so great.

When the world starts flooding due to global warming, you'll not be saying the Netherlands is so great.
Nor will anyone living near a majority of British hills that are burned to hell for shooting, and stripped of vegetation for taxpayer funded sheep farmers.

Hill, particularly big bloody bastard, hard to get up hills, give you perspective on your place in the world. They make you realise how small and insignificant you are, while at the same time affirming your very existence and oneness with the earth. Hills rule.

Back