Highest death rate in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

As you did mine. What blatant fraud are you talking about? Any fraudulent activity by the government will come out in any public enquiry which will surely follow. If you have concrete beyond any reasonable doubt evidence of any fraud I suggest you report it here www.actionfraud.police.uk

What about Chris Grayling awarding a £13.8m contract to his mate for shipping cargo across the channel, even though the company didn't own any ships and had no history of managing a shipping contract. He personally ordered Ramsgate council to keep open a disused part of thier port , which was too small for any modern containerships, at a cost of £8000 per day to local tax payers, whilst he 'negotiated' with 'seabourne freight' who had copy and pasted some of thier terms and conditions from a local pizza delivery service. The contract was cancelled days after being awarded . They are f***ing criminals man . How they get a single vote from a member of our public astonishes and angers me daily

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know why you're more likely to die from covid in the UK than other countries. In terms of cases per 1m population we're par for the course but deaths per million is one of the worst. Is it a health thing, a genetic/demographics thing, standard of healthcare?
I think your last sentence is the key.

We have a high proportion of older people, many of who have other major things already wrong with them which enables the virus to attack them more. Ironically, it could be the standard of our healthcare that has created such a large pool of more vulnerable people.

Genetics may also play a part - the BAME statistics would suggest that - but I'm unsure if it's been proven one way or another.

We are often compared unfavourably to some of the Asian countries, particularly those in the SE Asia region and Japan. Anecdotally, people from Japan, for example, are thought to be genetically less tolerant of alcohol than people in the West. In the same vein, perhaps they are genetically more able to combat the likes of Covid than we are - or is it more to do with being more disposed to observe things like personal hygiene and social-distancing?

It is probably far too early to say one way or another, but I would be surprised if genetics didn't play a part somewhere down the line.

We have a high proportion of older people, many of who have other major things already wrong with them which enables the virus to attack them more. Ironically, it could be the standard of our healthcare that has created such a large pool of more vulnerable people.

There might be something in that, hard to quantify though I think we may have been victims of our own success to a certain extent. Some people who have been killed by covid may have died before this virus had it not been for the treatments & care they have received & were battling on but covid has proved that extra fight too many.

I think your last sentence is the key.

Genetics may also play a part - the BAME statistics would suggest that - but I'm unsure if it's been proven one way or another.

We are often compared unfavourably to some of the Asian countries, particularly those in the SE Asia region and Japan. Anecdotally, people from Japan, for example, are thought to be genetically less tolerant of alcohol than people in the West. In the same vein, perhaps they are genetically more able to combat the likes of Covid than we are - or is it more to do with being more disposed to observe things like personal hygiene and social-distancing?

It is probably far too early to say one way or another, but I would be surprised if genetics didn't play a part somewhere down the line.

Not sure about longevity argument, it is however what I thought until I took a Quick look at life expectancy stats and ours is lower than Korea, Japan, Spain and Greece.

More likely that our favoured method of care for the elderly, to farm them off to a care home is a major factor. I don’t know how prevalent this is Elsewhere but having the most vulnerable to COVID19 living under one roof cant be helpful to keeping deaths to a minimum

Not sure about longevity argument, it is however what I thought until I took a Quick look at life expectancy stats and ours is lower than Korea, Japan, Spain and Greece.

More likely that our favoured method of care for the elderly, to farm them off to a care home is a major factor. I don’t know how prevalent this is Elsewhere but having the most vulnerable to COVID19 living under one roof cant be helpful to keeping deaths to a minimum
Good point about the care homes. The whole of the UK and many parts of Europe have suffered dreadfully in that area.

To be fair, I did say we had a 'high' proportion of oldies, not 'higher'. Maybe other factors are in play in the countries you mention - genetics and diet?

Like the garden bridge fraud ? Go and worship the fat Buddha mate.
I don't see the relevance of the garden bridge to the covid pandemic.
Why don't you go down to the nearest telephone box and start an argument with yourself?
I don't like the bloke but Corbyn or anyone would have done better tbh
In the long term he may have but not initially due to the civil liberties aspect of lockdowns.

Last edited:
I don't see the relevance of the garden bridge to the covid pandemic.
Why don't you go down to the nearest telephone box and start an argument with yourself?

In the long term he may have but not initially due to the civil liberties aspect of lockdowns.
I don't think you could see much either.
The only thing worse than a Tory is a working class Tory. Epping,exile,ebb,what is it with the letter E ?

Here we go.. even though I've stated I don't vote conservative still accused.. standard reply to anyone who tries to stay objective with the arguments
I don't vote Tory either and never have but don't let facts get in the way of someone's pointless argument.
I don't think you could see much either.
The only thing worse than a Tory is a working class Tory. Epping,exile,ebb,what is it with the letter E ?
I bow down to your superior intellectual prowess and self-righteousness. You've won whatever argument you seem to be having.

Last edited:
I don't vote Tory either and never have but don't let facts get in the way of someone's pointless argument.

I bow down to your superior intellectual prowess and self-righteousness. You've won whatever argument you seem to be having.
I know.

What have they said?

What have they not said more like, as I pointed out in the other thread they are piling over to pat themselves on the back over the vaccine roll out, understandable I suppose given how much else they got wrong. But the public need to be reminded its not a free pass, no evidence in on transmission yet and there is a danger compliance will weaken if they dont keep on message.

What have they not said more like, as I pointed out in the other thread they are piling over to pat themselves on the back over the vaccine roll out, understandable I suppose given how much else they got wrong. But the public need to be reminded its not a free pass, no evidence in on transmission yet and there is a danger compliance will weaken if they dont keep on message.
So basically idiots who have been vaccinated doing what they like shocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back