Highest death rate in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you search for FT data on this, they do a panel comparing countries with relevant data but there's a month or two lag

What we need is 'total' yearly deaths from say 1990-2020. Can anyone provide this information, either in figures or graph form?

What more do you want? You’ve been shown time and time and time and time and time and time again that we have a substantial number of excess deaths.
I want those figures, don't worry I'll factor in increased population. Increased bame, better medicines and this last years lockdown. I just need the base figures to make a start, 1990 to 2020.

No matter how bad a government is doesnt mean people are simply going to vote for Labour or anyone else. People are hardly spoilt for choice. I won't be voting Conservative and likely that wont be voting for anyone unless some new party is formed or possibly Andy Burnham becomes leader of Labour. You do realise food banks are widespread across Europe and France has 19% of Europes food banks serving 3.6 million people. Even Scandinavia, Germany etc have them. Food banks are something that are here to stay whoever is in power even if its just to distribute unwanted food from supermarkets rather than go to waste.
I dont disagree the challenge for Labour is getting working class people to vote for them again. The disastrous leaderships of Corbyn and Ed Milliband have given the Party a massive task. Starmer is a massive step in the right direction but a lot of damage has been done.

However, sadly too many working class people believe the rubbish and bile from the right wing media in this country. If a working class person thinks that Johnson, Gove, Patel or Rees-Mogg has their best interests at heart they really need to give their heads a shake.

We are one of the richest countries on the planet the disastorus handling of the pandemic resulting in 100,000+ lives lost and rise in foodbanks is shameful imho.

I dont disagree the challenge for Labour is getting working class people to vote for them again. The disastrous leaderships of Corbyn and Ed Milliband have given the Party a massive task. Starmer is a massive step in the right direction but a lot of damage has been done.

However, sadly too many working class people believe the rubbish and bile from the right wing media in this country. If a working class person thinks that Johnson, Gove, Patel or Rees-Mogg has their best interests at heart they really need to give their heads a shake.

We are one of the richest countries on the planet the disastorus handling of the pandemic resulting in 100,000+ lives lost and rise in foodbanks is shameful imho.

Starmer calling the ten year sentence an empty threat does nothing to influence me to vote for him. Quite the opposite in fact. He is simply undermining the government and trivialising the regulations that he has been whinging should be brought in. He’s just a swings anywhere he thinks that he can get a vote labourite.

Starmer calling the ten year sentence an empty threat does nothing to influence me to vote for him. Quite the opposite in fact. He is simply undermining the government and trivialising the regulations that he has been whinging should be brought in. He’s just a swings anywhere he thinks that he can get a vote labourite.
A politician wanting votes who would have thought it.

Of course Starmer could just go down the Johnson the Buffoon route and just tell out right lies.

Yes they did, but as he remarked in the briefing he also had scientists saying exactly the opposite. Which ones is he supposed to go with?
A politician wanting votes who would have thought it.

Of course Starmer could just go down the Johnson the Buffoon route and just tell out right lies.

Don’t you think that he is already? Bring in legislation to close the borders, then whinge we are being too strict, or not strict enough. Which is the truth?

Last edited:
Yes they did, but as he remarked in the briefing he also had scientists saying exactly the opposite. Which ones is he supposed to go with?

Don’t you think that he is already? Bring in legislation to close the borders, then whinge we are being too strict, or not strict enough. Which is the truth?
Your buffoon has cost 100,000 lives and the only thing of note he has done is the rapid rise of foodbanks.

Starmer is x 1000 of your buffoon.

No government could have planned for this - unless of course you had bothered your arse to read all of the WHO warnings over the last 20 years.

you make a valid point .... in 2001.
However in July 2020, 5 months into a pandemic you would like to think some lessons learnt would be evident such that the statement ,’ we did everything we could’ in feb 2021 would stand up to any sort of scrutiny........

People keeping wanting to let off SAGE off here but they're not innocent in this neither.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...O_Reasonable_worst-case_planning_scenario.pdf - That's the predicted 'worst case scenario' and it's so off.

The government have made an arse of things, I won't ignore that, but if your getting predictions like that then your not going to go through the extremes we're going through and that includes Christmas, schools and universities. I respect it's a prediction but when your basing interventions on that data then you can't exactly start pushing the blame to the government.

Also that article is bollocks and they never recommended those things at all and is just a list of things they we're worried about - https://assets.publishing.service.g...ment_on_potential_autum_and_winter_events.pdf and a list of things they recommended underneath which is questionable on some whether we done them (but the article doesn't discuss them).

Both need to take blame here, both are at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back