Highest death rate in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's on the government. If they paid furlough and closed all the cafes and fish and chips shops for a month, the majority of those people wouldn't be there.
How can a lack of taking personal responsibility be on the government. Just because you can do something it doesn't mean you must do it. All of those people took a personal decision to go out. That is most definitely on them

Looking at Roker beach in a photograph on Facebook, the other day when it was really cold with intermittent snow there were more people on that beach than I am used to seeing there on a summers day, and the amount of people still running here there and everywhere and posting their lovely photographs of other places on Facebook shows that people are still not understanding exactly what stay at home and stay local actually means. Until that message gets through our cases rate will be high and so will the death rate.
But making money is more important to some than staying at home...I saw it on here

How can a lack of taking personal responsibility be on the government. Just because you can do something it doesn't mean you must do it. All of those people took a personal decision to go out. That is most definitely on them
so by the same token, if all of those people followed the rules, those businesses would have went bust as no one would have been there to buy their coffee?

for me, its never a good idea to let the general public self police. these are extraordinary times and extraordinary measures were required. they should have been ordered to close, by law, for a set amount of time, say 6 weeks.

I'm not sticking up for the government by the way, but everyone is reporting deaths differently. I reckon ours is the worst case scenario. Whether other countries are reporting deaths in all situations and with Covid as a possible cause, remains the question.
Did we ever determine that every country reports it's deaths under the same criteria, otherwise those graphs are useless really.
This ^^^ as terrible as it is

I'm not sticking up for the government by the way, but everyone is reporting deaths differently. I reckon ours is the worst case scenario. Whether other countries are reporting deaths in all situations and with Covid as a possible cause, remains the question.

This ^^^ as terrible as it is
We are not counting all covd deaths.

As much as I would love to stick the boot into the Tory party and Boris et al and their collective incompetence, I don't think there can be global comparisons between countries. Most countries will have their own goalposts and own criteria for what they record as a Covid death and in a lot of countries with less resources, many wouldnt have even been diagnosed with covid in the first place. Our testing capacity per person is quite remarkable so our identified cases will be more than most. I think the only fair way, albeit its not very accurate would be to look at each countries excess death numbers on average over say the last ten years.
It’s clear that this country has handled the pandemic badly, you don’t need international comparisons to see that. I don’t see why comparisons are constantly drawn between numerous countries who are all managing it badly, it’s not a competition. Our government are partly responsible for the comparisons mind, they wheeled them out early doors when our numbers looked favourable.
Any covd death after 28 days, we also missed a load of care home deaths in the first wave as they were not tested.
1in 6 die after 28 days or close to that, west winger showed the article earlier.
Hasn’t it been cleared up before that they’re also counted? If covid is on the death certificate they get counted regardless of when the test result was. @Frijj ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back