Highest death rate in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's generally about 500 to 600,000 a year, or which works out at about 12,000 a week that generally covers everything.
So, adding another 350,000 to that, over the year. Close to 1 million a year.
Does this sound about right to anyone?

Looking at Roker beach in a photograph on Facebook, the other day when it was really cold with intermittent snow there were more people on that beach than I am used to seeing there on a summers day, and the amount of people still running here there and everywhere and posting their lovely photographs of other places on Facebook shows that people are still not understanding exactly what stay at home and stay local actually means. Until that message gets through our cases rate will be high and so will the death rate.

That's on the government. If they paid furlough and closed all the cafes and fish and chips shops for a month, the majority of those people wouldn't be there. If they did the same with all the take aways, McDonald's and the likes, and garden centres and sports shops, just for a month, it would have stopped millions of unnecessary journeys. They could also support supermarkets by bringing in temporary laws to stop unnecessary visits, over crowding, people shopping in groups etc... They could have closed construction sites and factories, but they didn't...

They cowardly refused to govern. Knowing that if it didn't go away, then they would be able to blame 'the people' and most people would agree with them.

Win win for the government

World beating iirc.

I’m old enough to remember when there were people on here saying Italy was a basket case and how we’d never get anywhere near their level of deaths while they pointed out how good a job the government was doing.

Since start of pandemic, not last 7 days, Italy 1366 deaths per million of population, UK 1311

Other European countries have higher numbers than U.K. as well

Figs taken from worldometers web site

As always with numbers it’s possible to spin them to suit whatever agenda u want to

Two points:
- Morgan is a gold standard twat
- the UK report deaths that other countries would put down to natural causes so you can’t make like for like comparisons

That’s right.
However Belgium record a covid death if its suspected, even without a positive test result .....

Since start of pandemic, not last 7 days, Italy 1366 deaths per million of population, UK 1311

Other European countries have higher numbers than U.K. as well

Figs taken from worldometers web site

As always with numbers it’s possible to spin them to suit whatever agenda u want to
Oh so you think the government is doing a good job? Fantastic how far some will go to defend them. Amazing stuff it really is.

As much as I would love to stick the boot into the Tory party and Boris et al and their collective incompetence, I don't think there can be global comparisons between countries. Most countries will have their own goalposts and own criteria for what they record as a Covid death and in a lot of countries with less resources, many wouldnt have even been diagnosed with covid in the first place. Our testing capacity per person is quite remarkable so our identified cases will be more than most. I think the only fair way, albeit its not very accurate would be to look at each countries excess death numbers on average over say the last ten years.

Yeah but imagine how much worse the figures would be if everything the government has put in place wasn't "world beating". We should be grateful.

Reactions: DH4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back