Heworth Roundabout

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are those due to end mate?
My GF is starting a new job in Fulwell soon, going from Low Fell, and I'm banking on the Greyhound Stadium route being pretty quick for her...
God knows mate the progress has been very poor! In theory there is very little left to do on the road as almost up to the roundabout now. Then I would think that the repairs/improvements to the path could be done with the road fully open--but the way the job seems to have been run so far I wadnt be surprised if they kept it shut the bassas:evil:

I used to work in Birmingham for 3 and a half years.I certainly don't miss driving in and out of there.Used to be traffic jams at 11 at night when tunnels were shut and m6 works.Was a nightmare.

It's a strange one that.They are making road more narrow for no good reason and making a right mess of it.

Apparently, that stretch of road has issues with speeding and accidents. It’s being made more narrow to try and stop boy racers overtaking etc; and to it more friendly for cyclists.

That’s what I was told anyway

The works are not a problem really, the problem is that set of f.cuking traffic lights that they've put on the A194 next to the Lakeside. Trying to get home last night and the traffic coming from Hebburn is backing up around the roundabout and blocking traffic trying to go to Shields due to inconsiderate wankers trying to get that extra couple of metres whilst the lights are on green.

Six f***ing months of this shit.

The works are not a problem really, the problem is that set of f.cuking traffic lights that they've put on the A194 next to the Lakeside. Trying to get home last night and the traffic coming from Hebburn is backing up around the roundabout and blocking traffic trying to go to Shields due to inconsiderate wankers trying to get that extra couple of metres whilst the lights are on green.

i'd say that some yellow paint on the road would fix that, but the type who want to jump the lights for a yard's extra movement tend not to notice shit like yellow boxes...

took car into work today.. SR3 - NE1 35mins, normally takes 40 , dunno if I was lucky but seemed a piece of piss, was a lot less traffic than normal, it was worse a few month back when they were doing works on the felling by pass, people will soon realise it's not too bad and volume of traffic likely to increase again

edit - I went the felling by pass way through heworth

I live just off Mill Lane, those lights had traffic built up right back to the Mill Tavern pub last night and the lights at the fire station were backed up to St Josephs school. Time will tell if going through Jarrow or Monkton Village proves to be any quicker in future.

took car into work today.. SR3 - NE1 35mins, normally takes 40 , dunno if I was lucky but seemed a piece of piss, was a lot less traffic than normal, it was worse a few month back when they were doing works on the felling by pass, people will soon realise it's not too bad and volume of traffic likely to increase again

edit - I went the felling by pass way through heworth

The traffic now seems to be using the tunnel and coast road - it was nose to tail from just after Testos at 715 this morning and the traffic going northbound before the roundabout was backed up to the Nissan turn off.

The traffic now seems to be using the tunnel and coast road - it was nose to tail from just after Testos at 715 this morning and the traffic going northbound before the roundabout was backed up to the Nissan turn off.
few will cotton on soon and revert back to fellin by pass route , that's when you my start to get 15-20min delays

A few extra coming through Wreckenton and Springwell in Gateshead too imo clogging up the rat runs. Certainly been busier than normal.

SR2 to NE2 in dead on 30 minutes today.
Thanks to everyone using different routes - you're making it much easier and quicker for us using the bypass :lol:

I live just off Mill Lane, those lights had traffic built up right back to the Mill Tavern pub last night and the lights at the fire station were backed up to St Josephs school. Time will tell if going through Jarrow or Monkton Village proves to be any quicker in future.
i went down finchale road myself, the default route for most will be mill lane back into bill quay with those lights backing up past the mill tavern...

The most pointless lights ever they are. Was never any issues until now. Council using budgets up unnecessarily shocker.

at 8:30am it was backed up all the way along mill lane to he A194

I was dreading my first drive from Monkseaton to Washington today but I was pleasantly surprised.

My Sat Nav took me down to Testo's and along to Whitemare Pool.

Slow moving traffic from Lindisfarne added around four minutes to my drive but encountered very little traffic after that.

Took me 25 minutes which is quite normal for that journey.

It’s a shame spugies bridge is one way now (or the entry is).

just walking dog and mill lane was one lane (accident at cock crow ) traffic backed up both ways and police having to sort traffic while they cleared it. police be sick of it, traffic lights stuck on red last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back